Almost at day 5 🙌🏼

I’m finding that keeping myself accountable on here is helping hugely with this.

So tomorrow will be day 5 for me.

After talking with a friend tonight that has experienced similar feelings and issues with alcohol in the past we were chatting on the pros/cons of being sober.

The pros completely out way the cons tenfold which comes as no surprise really. But it confuses me as to why society the media etc still heavily talk about how acceptable it is to essential poison ourselves.

I will be journalling a lot on my thoughts tonight but like I say felt like sharing and it’s helping stay accountable in a safe place.

10 Likes

Good job!!! One day at a time!

1 Like

That’s very insightful of you; I heard someone mention once how they show everyone on commercials drinking having fun, etc… and they said they should show them drunk and the after affects, lol

1 Like

Keep sharing if it helps you feel better it’s such emotional thing for us when we put the drink and drugs down so it’s good to get out how we feel .congratulations on 5 days x

1 Like

Absolutely. Very rarely do we see how the next day is

I started reading “Quit like a woman” and I found it fascinating how she dives into how socially acceptable drinking is. It’s a big part of why I denied being an alcoholic of some type. Because everyone is drinking as much or more than me so I’m fine, right?
buzzer - nope, wrong.
The more I started looking at alcohol companies for the wolves they really are, it made me angry. That anger and disgust gives me some of the motivation I need. Alcohol is poison fancied up with a pretty label, promising we will have fun! Be relaxed! Be more social, blah blah…
It’s a trap we all know too well.
Great job on your days, keep going- and find more of your motivation :slightly_smiling_face: :v:t3:

1 Like