Almost gave in, but I fought it!

Just hit over 4 days. Almost gave in but I stopped myself. If I can get past today I can get past tomorrow. Before I know it one week will pass. I am glad I can go on here now and reach out in these crucial moments. I believe in myself. I will fight this addiction no matter what it takes.

16 Likes

Just keep saying “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink, and those days will turn to weeks, weeks to months,.months to years!

4 Likes

Congrats on the 4 days Stephen.

Just hit 100 days. If I can do it, so can you! Be like your screen name ALWAYS DETERMINED to succeed. Great job, keep up the good work. I wish you continued luck on your sober journey.

4 Likes

Same here :muscle: you got this

1 Like

Well done on staying strong, it’s not easy but together we can do this :pray:t2::two_hearts: 4 days is awesome! Keep going, you’re doing great :slight_smile::two_hearts:

1 Like

Day 5 here and just telling myself one day at a time. Today I will not drink. If I don’t drink I can’t get drunk!!! Just find a mantra and stick with it and do not look too far ahead. Focus on where your feet are now. Be present.

3 Likes

Me too. Last night I was woke up by noises outside. I couldn’t go back to sleep then because I was all wound up. Just me by myself, but I was able to keep my mind away from the urges to act out. I used something to distract me until I could go back to sleep. Going on day 12 now.