Almost slipped

Last night was such a stressful time for me and I almost drank. I’m thankful to have my wits about me and sit down and think about what kind of consequences would come of drinking and I decided that it was not something I should do

13 Likes

Great job! Unfortunately I slipped up last night so here we go for another try. Seeing people like you on here saying no when you are tempted is inspiring in itself. One day at a time.

It’s hard. It truly is but the thought that came to mind is the horrible hangovers that I felt and the guilt that I felt in the fact that I wasn’t going to accomplish or gain anything by drinking. That’s what kept me going and that’s what pushed me away from it and all I had to do is just fill my day up with something else like going to the gym or cooking myself dinner and finding something positive to do. It truly is worth it to stay sober and it’s a huge accomplishment when you wake up the next day knowing that you could have woken up feeling like crap but instead you woke up strong in your conviction that you wanted to stay sober. Keep at it man because everyone slips and I’ve slept way more times than I’ve succeeded but that’s what keeps me coming back because I know that I can do this and eventually so will you

3 Likes

Congratulations! That is a good, good feeling+

Checking in to see how you’re holding up.

Just hit 1 day 12 hours here. Hoping to make that first 48!

1 Like