Alt rock fans

So there’s a few threads on music, “name game”, “metal thread”, “music to my ears”…just type music in the search bar…you will get what I mean. But, what about alternative and the not so main stream bands. Perhaps it is a local band you want to get out there…or a band that has been around for decades, but never became more than a cultured following…This thread will either be a “killer thread”, or at the very least…blown up.

9 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

That’s good stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been accused of having a very odd and eclectic tastes in music. Surf guitar. Punk. New Wave. Classic Rock. Classical Symphony…and just plain weird.

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Siouxsie and the Banshees. Man, I wanted to be her when I was growing up.

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Ok, forgive that it is a whole mixtape full of YouTube advertisements. If you already liked The Neighbourhood then notice this does not sound the same. It is different than my usual flavor but I find myself liking it. Evidently the alternative fusion with hip hop is big in southern Cali these days. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hey @Yoda-Stevie Boston has some of the best alt rock 80’s and 90’s bands!

1 Like

I can’t quite figure out what Alt-rock is. Are we talking the post-grunge “Alt-Rock” movement in the mid and late 90’s?

I mean we all remember our first time crowd surfing, right?

1 Like

Boston has generated more than it’s share of awesome bands. J. Giles. Aerosmith, Boston. Jon Butcher Axis. Powerman5000, Disturbed.

Does Grandaddy count as alt rock?

1 Like

Don’t forget the Pixies!

10 Likes

Love Rockabilly music too. Like Johnny Rotten and Jerry Lee Lewis collaborated on a song, and inspired a alt-rock genre.

1 Like

I’m a big Setzer fan!

3 Likes