Am I in the clear?

This morning I had really bad withdrawal symptoms. I threw up, was shaking but not bad,. Sweating and had anxiety. It’s been about 20 hours since my last drink and my symptoms have greatly improved. Am I in the clear? Or can these symptoms come back? I don’t think it was a hangover, but it could have been. Anyone have any tips or know what I’m going through?

1 Like

20 hours isn’t withdrawal. It’s a hangover. Hydrate. Take B12 complex vitamins, and eat a BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast). You’ll start to feel better soon.

Good Luck and stay connected!

9 Likes

Okay I hope so! I’m not shaking or sweating anymore , but the anxiety is killer

Anxiety is 100% in your head. Breath. Stay strong. It will pass.

1 Like

You’re probably right. I feel way better than what I did this morning. Like I said my last drink was about 20. Hours ago

Treat it like a case of the flu. Hydrate, take your vitamins, and eat bland but nutritious food. The bananas for the potassium and sugar your are low on. Rice for the carbs your body will crave without booze. Apples for the fiber and pectin to sooth your digestive tract, and toast to give it some bulk.

Trust me. I may not have my MD, I have a PhD in hangovers.

5 Likes

Okay! Thank you so much! I’m assuming you’ve woken up and pucked before. It’s horrible

Yes. And about capped myself and pissed myself.

1 Like

Stuff sucks. I really just hope Ill never have to go through withdrawals

My last drink was almost 18 hours ago(you are my sober twin, yay, I always wanted one of those, wait, were are you from, my luck you are on the over end of the world so our sober days will be a day off?).

1 Like

I live in New York!

1 Like

What about you?

2 Likes

I also live in New York!

2 Likes

Syracuse here. The winter wasteland that is Upstate NY.

1 Like

I am less than 3 hours away from you, lol.

Yep, yall are definitely twins :joy:
Here’s to yous guys!

How are you holding up?

I’m hanging in there. One day at a time.

1 Like

That is awesome.
I am a mess, we are heading out the door now, my oldest (6 years old) is going under the knife for the 2nd time in a year, she has hearing problems.

I had the shakes, sweats, etc…for 10 mornings. It does get better! I am now in day 49 of sobriety and I know for sure I never want to go back. Take a big deep breath and a tall drink if water. You can do this!

1 Like