Am I still sober? I think so

I got appendix removed other day and took morphene after surgery. 2nd time in my 31 years of life. Does this mean my sobriety ended? My poison was alcohol and cocaine. How do you answer people who say I guess your not sober anymore even if they say it “jokingly”

4 Likes

Your fine. Speedy recovery to you.

3 Likes

Did you take illegally obtained morphine for the purpose of getting high? If not, then in my book you are sober. Taking medications as prescribed by a doctor does not mean your sobriety slipped.

As for your jokester friends, I would tell them to shove it. But I am cantankerous like that. :blush:

And get well soon!!!

8 Likes

I mean. You didn’t quit painkillers after surgery. So I think you totally are still sober. I have had surgery and I can’t imagine going through it with no pain help but opiates aren’t my trouble. Maybe it would be different if they were. God that would be so hard. I think ultimately it depends on what YOU think.

I honestly can’t even believe people would joke with you about that. Seems a rude and kinda douchy but I don’t know them so maybe be not.

Sorry that they are even making you have to question this. You poor thing I hope you heal quickly from your surgery and that your organ rebelling wasn’t too painful before you could get it taken care of.

2 Likes

You’re still sober in my book as long as you took medication exactly as prescribed and not to get high. It’s when we abuse those prescribed medications that causes us to reset. Tell those people to eff off.

4 Likes

I think so. Unless you start buying junk because the morphine. You’re good imo

1 Like

You know you’re sober. The meds where proscribed?
So you’re sober.
Other people? Don’t be so sensitive! Have a laugh with them, joke with them. What does it matter what they think.
You know!

2 Likes

I think you’re good. Some things like major surgeries are understandable. Don’t let it psych you out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are 100% sober… No doubt about it. You needed that for medical reasons

3 Likes

These people you tell them to fuck aaaaaall the way off to right over there see that person there right in the distance, I heard they know someone overseas who cares about your opinion about my sobriety.

6 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:
:facepunch::facepunch:
Fuck yeah!!

2 Likes

Thanks for everyones input. I got this day 129. One day at a time. Live strong. Live happy. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

129 days is awesome!!! You are doing an amazing job :+1: hope you feel better soon :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Some medical invasions are necessary. You had your appendix removed. This morphene ingestion seems valid.

Thats sometimes a tough thing to hear when you’re thoughts are already trying to discern if youve compromised your sobriety. I like jokes but im not at all a quippy person so I get it. I say you’re fine, take a deep breathe. Those were my poisins as well.

2 Likes

used it with three major ops still sober

5 Likes

In my opinion taking a prescribed medicine for a specified and real purpose is very different than taking medication or using drugs/alcohol recreationally. Just make sure when it is time to reduce dosage and get off of it you follow doctor’s advice and you are fine, still sober.

As for the people saying that, I would either shrug it off or explain the difference between medicine foredical use and substance abuse for recreational use…depending on the situation.

2 Likes

Sober!! :grin::hugs::grin:

2 Likes