An emotional wreck!

Apologies for being MIA for the past week, turns out I’m not handling things too well!

I haven’t relapsed which is good, well great honestly, it’s the longest I’ve been without alcohol in the past 10 years!

As for an update on the withdrawal symptoms, I’m still pretty shakey, stomach pains and headaches are pretty bad too! But the worst one at the moment is the fact that I’m crying at EVERYTHING.

I would only ever cry when I was drunk or high, meaning that I never really mourned my failing relationship, getting fired from two jobs, going into debt, nearly being put into an institute or even my mothers death. I had no reaction to any of it, just an emptiness inside of me.

But it seems that NOW all I can do is cry! I cried yesterday because I was thinking of buying myself a birthday present! (My birthday is the 7th of September) sadly I’m going to be spending it alone! :pensive:

Also, just wondering if anyone on here has Facebook and would be willing to add me?
My name is ‘Lu Lu’ on there if anyone is interested :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi girl! I can relate to this all to well. I’m doing the EXACT same thing. I cry at stupid commercials OR TV shows, songs, and in random moments. It sucks but it all part of the journey. We’ve stuffed our emotions for so long with drugs and alcohol that its finally having a chance to surface. I’ve been taught and do believe, that tears are healing. You can definitly add me on fb if you like :slight_smile: ill look you up!

3 Likes

Hey girl. I relate very much, I cried alot Yesterday and I’m almost 7 months sober. It’s very common, there is alot of emotions were going to feel. I would be angry, happy, sad, back to happy all in one day in my first month. It gets better and we can handle these things better as time goes on. Just be easy on yourself and love yourself. I’m and still very alone it feels sometimes, I do have support in a.a… but like friends, I don’t hang out with anyone…it was a blessing a lil bit bc it helped me find myself a lil more. It’s good that you are reaching out and getting your feelings out. I’m proud of you feel free to message me anytime if you need a hand

3 Likes

That’s one of the many and completely normal things about getting sober…everything we didnt feel when were in active addiction hits us like a ton of bricks. There is no way around it only through it. Yes it’s hard but I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

3 Likes

Yep. I agree with all of you. It’s totally “normal” (whatever that is). I was an emotional wreck my first few months sober. Lonely, and crying. Looking back at it, I realize that I was experiencing real recovery. I compartmentalized all of my feelings for so long and locked those feelings in with alcohol. Those waves of grief were just me unpacking my dirty laundry and washing it. It’s all part of the process. Be lonely, focus on your own forgiveness & learn to let go of the past. It’s not easy, and it takes time, but we can all get there.

5 Likes

I’m sure by now you would realise that this is not a unique thing.
Most people get emotional, it’s part of the process.
All you have to do is search it up on here to find so many topics relating to how emotional we can get.

And the best thing to do, even though it’s hard, is to reach out on here.
You don’t need Faceache to make friends, you can do that on here.

Keep doing what you are doing.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having some hard days, it’s not easy but please keep ploughing on because it really does get better. I dont have fb but you can message me anytime, I’m near Chester if you ever want a walk in a forest half way? Hope you soon see brighter days :heart::high_brightness:

1 Like

How are you doing Lucy?, :slightly_smiling_face: