And I am back

Hello community. I used go come on here quite a bit and it was very helpful. I got very busy and decided to delete the app. Thought i wouldnt need it anymore since i was doing so well. I was doing great for a while too, unfortunately I have not been making the best decisions in life. Blame it on stress, depression, anger, genetics or simply bad decision making, but whatever the reason is I cant put down the bottle for good. i dont care what the reason is anymore. Im sure there are countless reasons. I just want to improve my life. Start over. Clean slate. Feel good about myself again. I have been sober for 4 days and hopefully with this community i can stay sober.

31 Likes

Been there! Glad you are back!

2 Likes

Try ā€œI canā€™t say noā€
That my friend is the only reason!
There is a thread called List of Excuses.
Have a look, I think all of them are on there.

4 Likes

Yes that was my point. There is so many things I can ā€œblameā€ it on. But at the end of the day its all on my choice.

4 Likes

Great perspective and one that I think will help keep you grounded and sober this time. Congrats on Day 4!! Keep at it :facepunch:

2 Likes

Welcome back @Ren, doing this alone is nearly impossible. Iā€™ve got over 700 days sober and I am still on here everyday. Keep reading and posting. Its helps all of us.

10 Likes

Thank you!!

Thank you and I will !

1 Like

Welcome back @Ren!

I can relate to the feeling that Iā€™m strong enough to stay sober without additional help. But after so many failures, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that Iā€™m pretty weak. Iā€™m not as strong as Iā€™d like to be. I really need help. And Iā€™ve come to accept that Iā€™m always going to need help.

Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I am back too :cry:The blame game is never fun. I used a trip to Vegas as an excuse to drink again, and I am miserable. I lost 9 months of sobriety, and it wasnā€™t worth it. Not at allā€¦ Letā€™s support each other on getting healthier in our bodies, minds, and spirits.

7 Likes

Glad you are back. Keep pushing forward!

2 Likes

You tried to do this alone. That wonā€™t workā€¦

1 Like

You didnā€™t lose your 9 months. Hopefully you learned from them and from your relapse and grew some sober muscles. Now you can make your foundation even stronger with what you learned.

3 Likes

Needing help is not weak, itā€™s human. Knowing we need help and asking for it makes us strong!

3 Likes

Thanks @SassyRocks. I know what I have to do. Already back in gym and eating better. I do get stronger each time I fall. Love the muscle metaphor!

1 Like

My last relapse was 11 months long. I used my Motherā€™s death as an excuse.

Welcome back. I remember you. You used to post pics holding your days. Looking forward to seeing those again.

1 Like

This is just one a$$hatā€™s opinionā€¦

Addictive, self-destructive behavior is a symptom of a larger issue. I think you believe the same thing when you say, ā€œstress, depression, anger, geneticsā€¦ā€

Iā€™d bet my last buck your childhood was a traumatic oneā€¦

Iā€™d bet you were and are an lonerā€¦

Iā€™d bet your turns to the bottle are a vain attempt to stave off the pain, anger, sadness, self-loathingā€¦

The list is endless.

If I am right, let me know.

And, even if Iā€™m not, try to internalize the following:

Bad things may have befallen you.

Bad things may have been done BY you.

You are the only one like you in the Universe. There has never been one like you, nor will another like you come again.

Regardless of what you believe in your heart of hearts, you have worth. I know this because your action here prompted my response. This interaction has helped me. You have done this for me. And I thank you for it.

We are ALL in this together, Ren.

1 Like

Thanks @Yoda-Stevie. Almost at double digits now (days) sobriety. You are a Rockstar, and an inspiration to many on here, including myself. Iā€™ll be holding my signs up again very soonšŸ˜€

2 Likes

Glad youā€™re back! I threw 8 months away too, so Iā€™m new again also. Donā€™t look back, just forward. :sunflower:

Well me eirther still new just 46day.still ups and downs.we learn from mistake .there not such things we can do it again.
Letā€™s rock all together againā€¦:muscle::muscle::muscle: