And my past? I am very sad

I am starting my sobriety. In 30 years of madness the demon alcohol droves me to made things that I can deny. I hurted the heart of people, and my shame is very strong. Now, the past is a hard chain for me. Nobody understand that is not me when I drank. The first beer is the gate of hell to my. I can’t forgive myself. But I gonna fight one day at time. Sober. I hope I can find myself and wish myself be a good man. God bless u. Thanks and keep on fighting for our sobriety.

6 Likes

Hi Andrew, it’s very hard to look back at past behaviour and not feel overwhelmed at messes alcohol created. I have lost a few nights sleep over the last couple of weeks dry due to guilt and shame. BUT, now is a time for you to heal, be gentle with yourself and move forward at a steady pace. I have had to work hard at treating myself like a sick person that I love and want to take care of, and not an asshole who needs beating. If you need anything please do reach out. It’s lovely to meet you and join you on this adventure. XXX

6 Likes

Thank u @JonathanMcGrath u are helping me. God bless u.