Anger and anxiety

I’m on day 11. I am having so much anger and anxiety today! I know that this is normal in the early days. How did you all deal with it? Did you do anything that worked to ease it? Thank you :heart:

3 Likes

Physical activity helped me immensely. Even just some short walks. I also found listening to guided meditations helpful. And sleeping as much as possible.

1 Like

Hey nice to meet you @Mic_Keeth yesss I had ALOT of it in the beginning of my journey I’m on Day 17 today and had a rollercoaster this morning what I did was go straight to work early even tho it wasn’t time to clock in I still choose to do something in other words anything to keep your mind busy and positive and in the right direction to get you as step closer to winning the day !

1 Like

I completely understand what you’re going through. It was off the charts for at least the first 30 days or so. Just keep telling yourself this will pass because it will. It’s a very normal thing to experience. I wish I had a trick for you bit sometimes ya just have to plow through it. Give it some time and I promise you won’t regret it

2 Likes

This is a roller coaster I went through the same thing. Just hang tight and embrace these emotions. This will go I promise.

1 Like

I started to color. It might sound silly but sometimes I get lost in coloring and it helps me get my mind off of other things. Some of the adult books are actually fun! I wish you the best and hope you find something that works for you

1 Like

Welcome. As you can tell you’re definitely not alone. I’m 41 days sober and every now and then it happens for no reason. I have just been getting my self separated from the situation and calming down. For me just being out doors helps. You can always come here for some really good people to help you during those rough times. Hang in there. We are all in this together.

Go to the gym

1 Like