Angry and sad :/

So angry today I feel like the world is so dark and that black cloud is following me everywhere I go, I’m so confused and sad mad!!! Ughhhhh but I’m 2 weeks and 3 days god help me !!!

7 Likes

Hell yea girl!!! That’s awesome! I’ve been super emotional and angry recently too. I try to walk away form my husband and find my inner peace bc if not I will blow up on him lol

1 Like

I’m 2 weeks and 2 days. We are on the same track. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Those feelings are rough - and so very normal in the early weeks of sobriety. Your brain is just starting to come to grips with being off the wave of alcohol, and your neurotransmitters are all like, “WHAAATT?!?”. Emotional lability is very, very common. Just try to get as much rest as you can, eat as well as you can (indulge food cravings for a time if you need to), take a good multivitamin, and, if you can, get some gentle exercise - even a walk. Know that the intensity and duration of those dark cloud feelings will usually fade the longer you are sober. Keep pushing though it.:hugs:

6 Likes

This is completely normal. I get angry. I get sad. I get anxious. But no matter what, I think it is better than getting drunk!! :slight_smile:

It will pass. I guarantee that. Somedays it may feel like it won’t, but it will.

3 Likes

Agreed. It does pass. The anger does pass.

2 Likes

Keep pushing through hun. The moon would be playing havoc with your emotions too. Put some music on and jump in the shower or bath. Will make u feel a whole lot better. Xxx

1 Like

I totally agree with the moon thing. My daughter Sunday night and Monday morning was an absolute mess. And she didn’t sleep that night at all. I told her that I thought it might have something to do with the moon. I mean it was not just a full moon. There was a whole lot of shit going on at the same time. It was bound to mess with all of us. Even I’ve been through a whole host of emotional turmoil over the last few days.

4 Likes

Lol ughh it’s crazy and I’ve been eating so much and upset about everything and everyone around me right now,

1 Like

Perfect a bath and yes ur so right maybe it’s the moon idkkk lol all I know is everything bothers me! Thanks for the advice tho :heart:

2 Likes

I understand that 100%. Its super hard being at home with kids alone and even they can be annoying lol. I have two kids 17 months apart and was a single mother for a little while and I wanted to pull my hair out. And dont stress about the eating part. I do that when I stress bc I cant and wont drink. I would rather eat a half of a pizza and a whole bag of chocolate than be hungover the next day lol

3 Likes

You’re so right and strong u have kids god bless ! Idkkk hopefully this passes I don’t wanna mess up for nothing !!!

2 Likes

It will pass for sure. Go take a bath and relax. Put on a show you like and eat something. Take some melatonin and go to bed!! That’s what I do!! Lol

1 Like

Thanks girl that’s what I’m about to do hot bathh!

3 Likes

Woohoo!! About to eat some ice cream!! :icecream:

2 Likes

Life sucks. Period. I always get slammed when I say this but the devil inhereted this world. If one focuses beyond this world, yes Christianity, it certainly helps put things in perspective. My vice is sexual addiction in multiple forms. I have returned to my faith and it has made a significant impact on my recovery. Good luck to you.

It’s all good man I’m a ex heroine coke addict withdrawls are the worst !!! But good luck to you too !

Hey girlie! How are you?

1 Like

I’m ok having trouble with sleep took 5 baths today but it got better the pain in my legs! How are you ?

Wow 5 baths?! Man that’s the life!!! I suffered from restless legs when I was pregnant. Walking or running really helps with it, just good ol exercise. I’m doing pretty good. Sitting at home studying for a certification test I have in like 2 weeks. Fml. I have to pass this!! Lol

1 Like