Angry as f**k

Today i am so fing angry i just want to go get a drink and fk the world and everything else my brain is going round and round and I’m so f**ing tired of being sober.

10 Likes

Yeah…I’ve felt that before. But honestly getting a drink will not solve anything long term right? It’s just a temporary band aid. It’s ok to be mad. It’s ok to feel the way you do. Chances are you won’t feel this way or this intensely forever. Feel the anger and then let it pass. Is there something you can do to get your mind in a better place? A walk/run, watch TV, call a friend, clean something? Going for a walk with my dog always calms me down. Hope you can find something to get you through. Glad you reached out here.

11 Likes

Thank you for the advice i will try some of those things you sed thanks again

4 Likes

Glad you came here to vent and not a bar… hang in there bud~!

5 Likes

Welcome @Alex1!

As @crystalclear said, is there anything a drink would make better ultimately? For me I felt better… for about five minutes. And then the wheels would come off the axle and I just made everything worse. More things to dig myself out from.

These feelings will come and they will pass whether I’m sober or not. I can escape them spiraling out of control if I just don’t drink.

…and feel a hell of a lot better later! Glad you’re here, mate.

6 Likes

Thank you so much

3 Likes

Thank you so much I’m glad i posts something now

5 Likes

I’m glad you did too. :grin:

3 Likes

Hang in there Alex, let the storm pass.

5 Likes

Hi . I was just about to go to bed and saw your post … It’s hard dealing with feeling and emotions when we get soba but please keep fighting through this. I had a relapse a while ago after a few months of sobriety and hated how it made me feel. I should of reached out and got help instead I was back to the pain and shame of addiction. Your worth a beautiful soba life x

12 Likes

Fair play to you for venting here. For me anger went hand in hand with frustration - you’re trying your best and then it hits ya. Keep strong today and you’ll be so much better off tomorrow. Here for you mate!

7 Likes

I was just looking at another post where someone was saying that they had a couple of weeks sober, and that they were feeling great. I can’t relate to that. My experience in early sobriety was like yours. I was fucking miserable, and I wanted a drink. It took a lot of meetings and sticking out emotionally painful days for months before I started waking up in the morning withany kind of positivity. It’s possible though, and life has improved a great deal for this low bottom drunk.

8 Likes

c52d9e6d0ef4d3a5179ca9b7dab31df7--eating-disorder-recovery-positive-things

2 Likes

Phew!! I’m on day 25 and am like this. I’m friggin miserable. But gotta keep trucking.

6 Likes

I spent a lot of time in the fellowship my first few months. Made some good friends who were going through the same shit. I was an emotional wreck those first couple of months. The pain from my regret and remorse were unbearable at times. Keep up the hard work C_8. You WILL begin to feel better. Those feelings will calm down. Life’s not perfect for me now by any means, but it’s a whole hell of a lot easier dealing with life’s problems without that monkey on my back!

4 Likes

Oh gosh I have that same feeling. I tremble when I get angry and see red. I have chugged water then played with my puppy. Walked outside. Punched my punching bag. By then I forgot why I was mad lol. Eating pistachio nuts or sunflower seeds takes mind away sometimes.

2 Likes

Hiya @anon57816338 … well you scared the crap out of me, asking if I should consider rehab :flushed::grimacing::sweat_smile:

Long may that fear last :+1:

3 Likes

It worked better than anything else did :+1::joy:

Keep reminding me :pray:

3 Likes

I felt like this today. So irritated and angry at everything but I ended up going for a walk with my son and now having a bubble bath I feel alot better.

2 Likes

I like the visual of the wheels coming off the axle, lol…

1 Like