Another day... Another Loss

In my short time sober, I’ve lost so many friends. I just found out about the loss of another one today. It breaks my heart for their family and their significant other. It reminds me of the realness of this disease and why I fight so hard day in and day out to stay sober. I don’t want to be another person whose Facebook page is littered with RIP posts about another soul gone too young. Some days I really hate the disease of addiction. Today is one of those days.

4 Likes

Then don’t be. You have the power to make it so, just as I do.

When we are young, we pursue resume virtues: it’s all about what we think and say about ourselves.

Then we enter the middle part of our lives, and we seek eulogy virtues: what matters is what people think and say about us.

Screw that. I’m looking at eternity. What mark will I leave on this world. What kind of legacy will remain, long after I am gone. It’s the people whose lives I have touched. Did I make their lives better, or worse? Was the only sadness I left them with that of my passing, or did my passing leave them relieved or vindicated?

Mourn your friend. Honor them by building a legacy for yourself.
Peace.

3 Likes

I’m with you. I’ve lost to many people to this disease myself. I’ve also saved a couple of lives too. I’m new at getting cleaned. Only have a week in & feeling positive

1 Like