Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

5 Likes

Love this artist.

2 Likes
4 Likes

One of my all time fav bands :purple_heart:

2 Likes

After playing in Europe for several years, The Beatles came to the United States for the first time on Feb 07, 1964.
It was the first of the British Invasion, also helped brighten up a country in mourning after their President ( John F. Kennedy) was assassinated in Nov 1963.
This performance dated Feb 09, 1964. After a few more performances in U.S. Beatlemania took over.
Their concerts ended up being short 25 minutes, bc of the craziness of the fans. The Beatles say that many times they just lip synced because with all the screaming fans no one could hear them anyway.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Interesting. I’ve heard of Edward Bear but not Edward Starr. Gonna check them out. Thanks for sharing :metal:

2 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Found this last night! This has me in a good mood and feeling funky

3 Likes
6 Likes

New Years Day by U2 is the anthem but how many of you remember this from 1989?
Great use of sampling.

7 Likes
6 Likes

I think White Lines lyrics are pretty clear as well. Just deals with more than just the addiction and the damage done, it also deals with how it is dealt with socially. Different classes, social strata, races. Social comment more than anti drugs song. Like they did. Anyway. Like yours too. Didn’t know it.

4 Likes

Peace to All

4 Likes

Everybody’s entitled to their opinion of course, but in this case you couldn’t be more wrong IMHO. Try listening to some of their other lyrics. They were the first to use hiphop for social commentary, thus starting a whole genre of socially and politically engaged hiphop.

Anyway, it’s the brand of hiphop I like best. One of my heroes, still around, still rapping and still educating:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Sunday morning

6 Likes

The Needle and the Damage Done 1972 Neil Young

Later live version.

5 Likes
6 Likes