Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

4 Likes
4 Likes

So many Kraftwerk tunes - The Model being my favourite.

2 Likes

I don’t speak German but it sounds great in their language.

4 Likes

Love Kraftwerk, this one was in honour of the Tour de France starting today. It’s my and Flanders favourite sport. Professional cycling encompasses everything in life. The good and the bad.
Today saw the emergence of a new Dutch talent. Who by coincidence has the same name as one of Belgian’s biggest talents from the last 40 years, a guy who couldn’t live with the expectations, who cheated and got caught, who got addicted and depressed and died under suspicious circumstances, 34 years old.
The most beautiful songs about cycling are in Flemish. Like this one about Franck Vandenbroucke, or VDB. :cry:

4 Likes

Beautiful Mno. Almost like a folk song? I don’t understand a word, but I can appreciate the artist. Singing from his soul. We Welsh have our own Geraint Thomas - winner of the Tour De France.

2 Likes

A folk song is not a bad way of describing it. The dialect is hard for me to understand too. Geraint Thomas is a good bloke BTW.
OK, one more cycling song, just a happy one about the fun of having a bike and being able to go wherever you want on a nice day. This one is in a Dutch dialect, Drents.
“My tires are full of air, nobody can bother me”

3 Likes
3 Likes

He asked that people put their phones in their pockets and their hands in the sky and they redid the first song that way

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice and loud !!!

2 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Absolutely love this whole record. Michael is a genius.

1 Like