Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

It’s called “da life” and that’s what it’s about :upside_down_face: I love S10 will see her life in November in her first theater show.
Something a bit older now

3 Likes

I was less than 10 years old in 1974; My first Roxy Music 7" single I bought was Avalon.
You must be a little older than me @Mno :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m from 1965 so I think we’re about the same age. I just like the old Roxy Music. This is from my birth year. I like it too.
Norwegian Wood

9 Likes

Rolling Stones have finished their Hackney Diamonds 2024 USA tour.
Mick’s turning 81 this week.
They say he “runs” about 12 miles a show.

Here’s a list of the songs played.
( if it’s correct)
I see they didn’t play “Angie”, one of my favorites.
Here’s a recording of “Angie” from Lyon, France in 2022.

5 Likes

RIP John Mayall July 22, 2024, age 90

5 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

Randy Newman - Old Kentucky Home (My) (Turpentine & Dandelion Wine) (Live)

2 Likes

Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)

4 Likes
3 Likes

That’s awesome you seen Dave Matthews Band live. I bet that was an awesome experience. I’ve only heard a few songs by them but I recently started listening again. My dad always had a couple CDs when I was younger. I’m going to try to explore their music more.

2 Likes

Marlena Shaw - California Soul

2 Likes

Talking Heads - Democratic Circus

2 Likes

What a trip seeing The Roots live last night was. I honestly didn’t have an idea what I was getting in to. I mostly wanted to surprise my hiphop loving cousin. What a band and what a lesson in funk, soul and hiphop history. Loved it. Here’s just one they played.
Clones

5 Likes

The Roots, so awesome! Never seen them live, but I’ve been listening them since their first killer album!

2 Likes

My all time fav, Bob Marley. I’ve been listening him since 1994 when I first hear him and now his music has been really important part of my sobriety.

4 Likes

I don’t think I have one all time hero. But Jimi comes close, even when he died when I was just 4 years old. The Roots covered this one before, and although it wasn’t on the set list of the show I attended last Tuesday, Questlove played this drum bit somewhere in between two songs or something…

Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun (live at the Fillmore East)

6 Likes

Wow! I love Jimi Hendrix and all rock music from that era although I was born 1979. Man, I envy you, you got to see The Roots!

3 Likes

That’s dope.

I was fortunate enough to see them, once, in '96 or '97 (?), for free, in Chicago. It was at a (looooong defunct) Blockbuster Music store and my friends and I just happened to be walking by as they were setting up.

The place was maybe 600 square feet, they were in the middle of the floor amongst us fans (packed liked sardines), and I was practically smashed up against Black Thought as they were performing. Mind-blowing!

They are, truly, masters of art.

3 Likes