Anxiety strikes again

Well tonight my anxiety is off tha wall right now. Usually don’t have much going on but decided to take diet pills earlier today to get in shape for summer. Needless to say I took them too close together, and now I’ve been paying for it all night long. I know they are bad, I just wanted a boost to help me with toning up for summer. Now my body is feeling crazy… And I just wanna relax and go to sleep. Smh uggghhhh!!! Didn’t drink tonight so that’s a plus

3 Likes

What ingredient in the diet pill?

1 Like

The summer after my freshman year in college I went through terrible breakup and decided to get my revenge body back. I took diet pills and like any good girl, took too many. I ended up in the hospital. The nurse who worked with me most was a recovering anorexic and spoke so much truth to me that night. I’ll never forget her. Change doesn’t come from a pill, or over night. What helped most for my anxiety was staying away from the wine(shocking to me, as I’d used wine to cope with anxiety forever) and working out. I’d flush those diet pills if they’re giving you anxiety.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your suffering at the moment but i would do what @anon62920945 has suggested. Flush those pills.
If you want to “look good” for the summer, work on it. It doesn’t take much, and you’ll feel much better for it.
Or you could just accept who and what you are!

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments. I do feel confident in my body, although just wanted to get a kick start on losing about 10lbs. I’m not one to take diet pills really, and I just bought them. I’m definitely not gonna flush them cuz they are expensive!! Lol I do have my receipt and may take them back to get something more healthier. I already do health drinks and eat well, but lots of people take diet pills to get a kick start. I’m not a buliemic or one who starves themselves. But yes. I understand the dangers of them… I am definitely giving them a second thought.

It might not be anxiety…it could simply be your heart racing due to the pills. Did they have any ephedra in them by any chance? I took those a long time ago and sure, I lost weight, but my heart was constantly on overdrive and my hands would shake so bad I couldn’t even hold a pen.

I hope you are feeling better now. And throw out the pills!!! They won’t do you any good.

Oh, I saw you hope to return them. Good for you. A good multivitamin is probably better for you anyway!!

1 Like

I do also want to say that I am in no way judging the desire for weight loss. I found myself staring at a box of laxatives yesterday thinking I could just “kickstart” my weight loss before a cruise next month. But the logical part of my brain spoke up and told me that NOTHING kickstarts it. It’s all smoke and mirrors. You think you are losing something but it isn’t real and it will come back again.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s probably the caffeine. The worst was the pills I took that had both ephedra AND caffeine!! An absolute nightmare.

Yes. It was a nightmare!! I just bought them and idk why but took 2 within 3hour span… it was horrible… it hit me and then I was like " oh shit,vthis was not suppose to happen" feeling much better now, thank God!!! I did wake up like 6 times throughout the night. My body was exhausted from the whole experience

1 Like