Any advice for a good night sleep?

Does someone have good advice on how to sleep well? I usually take a hot shower and tea and then to bed, but that doesn’t seem to work all the time. I have sleeping medication but I don’t like to use it, I don’t want to be independent of medicines.

Melatonin can help!

2 Likes

I occasionally take melatonin (3mg) to help fall asleep. Though it doesn’t help to stay asleep. Also, no screen time before bed. And lastly, proper diet and plenty of exercise.

1 Like

Ive been using melatonin almost two years. My doctor told me that it’s okay to take nightly and it works well for me. Im in bed early as I’m up and running at 3am during the weekdays. I wish you some restful sleep

1 Like

Two scoops of natural calm in some water half hour before bed

2 Likes

Just like the rest said as well as a non exciting book. If you are as lucky as I am, a nice gentle massage after a hot shower. Even just a foot rub.

1 Like

Hypnosis apps work best for me. I think it’s really the introduction. Focussing on relaxing individual body parts.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

I sleep with a tempur-pedic eye mask on and white noise. Also meditating right before bed helps me. :two_hearts::bird:

1 Like

Hi @Dps18 how much sleep do you think you are getting a night? I am not a ‘great’ sleeper like some people I know…but I do have a sleep tracking monitor on my watch and I get roughly 6 to 6.30 hrs per night… very much on the lower end of what is required but not bad either…some deep sleep and some rem…I would try and track your sleep and see how big a problem it is…:grin:

1 Like

I tried that, doesn’t work for me :frowning:

I will try to reduce my screen time, thanks

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate it

1 Like

I’m gonna look in to this

I used head space, I should do that again

Gotta try a mask sometime, thanks

Someone suggested it to me and it’s wonderful it’s natural as well! I will tell you coming off heroin the first 50 or say days I didn’t sleep well but now I feel asleep without anything and I sleep through the night it is the best feeling in the world!!!

1 Like

Subscribed!

1 Like

Last time I used a sleep tracker I had 9 hours of deep sleep, which is a lot, but that day I was really tired

I’m so happy for you!! That’s great, proud of you <3

1 Like