Any advice for a speed addict?

1 day drug free and all I can think about is having another line…I have been doin speed for nearly 20 years and I’m only 33! I’m scared of the irreparable damage I may have caused & I just want to get clean…this app,this message,its all new to me. Any advice,ideas or general messages of hope will be gratefully received

3 Likes

Reroute lifestyle to a 12 step recovery one and don’t look back. Do best to not have strong opinions regarding the new design for living practiced in recovery. The nature of this beast is to elude that who has been enslaved. 20 years living addicted? From my 30 year experience I am just now being clued in to how twisted & wrong my reality had become. After several failed recovery attempts I am seeing they were all right I had it so wrong. Now I am trying again with the taste of crow in my mouth. Being beat down & desperate as I am I’m just about wiling to believe what ever it will take so I can live life rather just exist. NEVER GIVE UP. You’re 33 still much quality life to be salvaged, God I wish I could have gotten recovery down at your age. Do what you have to do to reclaim your soul. Beware of the amnesia where the memory of Hell is only clearly recollected when you find yourself sitting back in it, one more time feeling more hopeless and awful than before. Getting away from the speed beast is tricky.

1 Like

I know the feeling I was a heroine and crack addict and here I stand 3 years clean from heroine and almost 2 years off crack! Yes cocaine is very powerful! Going into a good program will definitely help weather it be suboxin or methadone or just plain therapy(DO WHAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU!) (I Chose methadone maintenance and it saved my life!) and 2 once u get there ask to be prescribed Tobamax it’s great and helps with the cravings! But it’s not a miracle drug u also have to put the footwork in! God bless I hope my advice works for you and God bless on ur journey to recovery because once you get there it’s amazing my friend!

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting they will help wish you well

1 Like

Welcome Joey! Just you being apart of this forum shows you really are looking to change. I was lucky enough to get away from meth 14 years ago. It really hits you hard, especially because of how rampant it is. First thing is you have to get away from everyone you hung out with who uses. In a short amount of time of not using, you’ll see that getting high was the only thing you had in common in the first place. Let us know how your feeling each day, a check in can do wonders

1 Like

I’ve been sober from meth and alcohol for 1 year 1 month and 15 days today. May 25th, 2018 was my arrest date. I spent 8 months in jail and then I went into rehab (my second time around in a rehab. My last time in rehab I spent my 21st birthday in patient.) For me, going to jail was that rock bottom. My addiction took me into a lot of dark places. Having to live the concequences of the choices I made in my addiction was the wake up call I needed. Today, I value my freedom. In order for me to maintain my freedom, I need to stay committed to my soberity and have a positive response to whatever life throws at me.

3 Likes