Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

In Portland Oregon for work and got to visit powells city of books :cowboy_hat_face: Wanted to check out their “gold room” which I guess has some super rare/expensive books but unfortunately it’s not open on thursdays. Anyhow got a couple new reads.

3 Likes

Good mail day.

3 Likes

Just remembered that I wanted to read it and already love it. I like all of his books.

6 Likes

No, I haven’t. Similar writing style or what?

Thanks for recommending it, I haven’t read anything from Tokarczuk, but have always been curious about her works, now I added this to my to read list.

1 Like

I never read The Witcher books, but played the games. They are a pretty old series with stand alone books as well, long but easy reads. If you like D&D, im pretty sure you would like The Dragon Chronicles.

2 Likes

Oohhh. I love her too. This is a great one!! Enjoy!

I loved the Witcher series.

1 Like

Currently reading (amongst other non-finished books) a comic book in Czech about the life and works of Hawking, mainly for language-learning reasons. Comics in foreign languages are easier to understand than novels and use phrases that are more like everyday speech, so I like to use them for learning.

7 Likes

My first Marias but not my last. Novel concerned with things said and unsaid, with our secrets and obligations, and with whether it is possible to truly know another person.

4 Likes

This looks fantastic. Im going to add it to my list!

3 Likes

It’s SO good!

1 Like

This has been my “side fling” over the last few months and I’m almost done. It was a good book. She covered myths of Jupiter (Zeus), and did a deep dive into Jupitarian themes in the psyche–values, principles, belief, expansion, religion, etc.

There were also the standard cook book additions you would expect such as the basic meaning of Jupiter in all the signs amd houses, and the planet’s position in comparison to other planets.

I appreciate how she has discussed the ways in which we use our Jupitarian natue to create our reality – for better or worse.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m gonna admit that I kinda figured it out pretty early on….but it didn’t make me want to not read it. If anything I was very intrigued to see how she figured it out.

1 Like

Just finished the house of ashes by Stuart Neville. Almost finished carry on, warrior by Glennon Doyle (I love her but preferred untamed).

Wow. Thank you for sharing this!

Just finished Matthew Perry’s memoir Friends, Lovers and The Big Terrible Thing. Really interesting and insightful. Such pain within he holds. I hope this book helps him find love, peace, and sobriety :heart: Anyone else read it? He opens up about his struggle with alcoholism and addiction.
I actually listened to it on Audible, he reads it himself. Definitely recommend.

7 Likes

Waiting for a copy from my library…might be awhile. Thanks for your preview!

1 Like

If anyone is interested in Native American/Indigenous history, traditional knowledge of native plants, and some really interesting ideas about the intersection of science and culture, plus some beautiful story telling and poetry, I HIGHLY recommend this book.

12 Likes