Any cocaine binge addicts?

Hi,
I am on day one of trying to get clean off the horrible drug that is cocaine, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stay clean?

I am not your typical cocaine addict, I don’t have it every single day I normally have it every 2/3 days but when I do have it I go on a big binge and don’t want to go back to reality when am on it, then when I do come back to reality I am normally suicidal and on a bad comedown then I go on a big binge again

This has been my cycle for about 5 years now and it has affected every aspect of my life. I am willing to change but I know I will get cravings again maybe tonight or tomorrow, is anyone the same?

1 Like

You know the thing I found with Coke is the longer you go without taking it the less you crave or think about it like if I was to go three weeks then it wouldn’t be on my mind but if I then took it I would again want it constantly the next day or day after that, it may or may not be the same for you. Have you ever considered an NA meeting they are full of casual cocaine users who couldn’t stop the weekly sesh :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I used to be big into.coke binges to the point where I couldnt really imagine having a drink without calling some in…then I couldnt imagine seeing my mates without calling some in…then I could imagine doing much at all without calling some in.

Like @anon13078412 said though for me I found that the urge to do it fell of rapidly once I had taken a few weeks off. Far more noticeably than alcohol (which I’m sober from now) or cigarettes which I quit 10 years back.

You can get there. I never think about doing it anymore and I relate big time to your usage

2 Likes

I just want to cheer you on. All of you
Never had this struggle but I commend the strength you posses.

2 Likes

Thanks. It really gets its claws in much deeper and more viscerally than alcohol ever did. And I’m an alcoholic! :rofl:

If drinking is a progressive thing that can sneak up over 10 years, coke goes from recreational to all I could think about in around 6 months. Of all the many drugs I’ve done, that’s the one that got me the sharpest and quickest.

1 Like

Honestly I have had 3 major heart surgeries and they did a mistake on my heart and left me with one lung. I have medical trauma so my DOC has absolutely nothing to do with drugs LOL!

1 Like

Thanks so much, am the exact same I have 1 drink and am already thinking about it and on the phone. On my comedown days I swear that am gunna change my life around, make plans to change it around and then when it’s gone I am back to square one. As of yesterday, I felt like I could do it. Now today my comedown has gone and am back to normal, I am thinking of doing it again. It’s like fighting a losing battle sometimes.

Am glad you got through it, I admire your determination :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Maybe don’t have a drink for a little while if the two go hand in hand :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel you man. Fight through the next week and the cravings plummet.

I know a week feels like a very long time so just fight through today and promise yourself you wont do any gear today. Then make that exact promise tomorrow

1 Like

Yikes! I hope you are okay now!

1 Like

Yeah am the same! Did NA help for you? The thought of walking through them doors scares the life out of me, like I shouldn’t be there (even though I know I should be) what does my head in the most is the fact am 22, and shouldn’t be like this. All my friends say it is a phase, and it’s ‘all about being young’ but I know it’s not. I can’t live a life with it or without it.

Thank you! I am going to try my hardest :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Mate when I was 22 it was also just a phase, a phase that turned in to severe addiction that I’m only just really addressing now at the age of 38. Yes NA helps enormously and there’s nothing to be worried about. Are you in the UK or whereabouts?.
It may be a phase for your mates that many of them will grow out of but you may be predisposed for addiction like I seemed to be, if your seeing it as a problem then I would try to address it now before you eventually lose everything in your life that’s worth having and that isn’t just material things.
There’s a wealth of information you can search out on here using the Search function at the top. Whatever you do i,d recommend sticking around here, this place and NA are the miracles that see me at around 140 days clean of all substances :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I went through the same thing with crack. I only used for about 8 or 9 months total, but I would go through it like crazy when I would binge, which was a few times a week. I’m almost 4 months into recovery now and the thought of doing it makes me sick, and thats a great feeling to have!

3 Likes

I’ve never taken coke without booze but when on a drink binge I’ll taken anything given to me. When I have done coke though I’ve spent hours a 7 in the morning trying to get more as has everyone else at the party or whatever.

Don’t really feel qualified as I’ve never had a coke issue on its own but maybe keeping busy, exercising and setti g short term goals for the first few days could help.

1 Like

HELLOOOO and welcome, firstly I’ve never met a typical addict, just an addict, your friends say its a phase, well you have a wise head on young shoulders I’ve lost friends because of their phase, like you at your age as much as I enjoyed getting wasted I also new that it was only gonna end bad. At your age its good to know that you are not invincible and an addiction is not just something that happens to other people. I couldn’t save my friends from prison, death and addiction because I left my home town to escape before it got too bad for me, I hope that you become the one to show your mates that life can be just as fun without coke. We can’t all be the sheep someone needs to be the dog.

I went thru much the same with coke for a very long time. It was one of my favorites…until it wasn’t. I feel ya. As the others said, if you can get a bit of time, a few weeks even, clean, it really does get better.

Have you deleted all your dealers numbers? That was big for me. And finding an outlet for physical energy helped me as well. But mostly NOT BUYING MORE.

You are making progress reaching out and getting your mind in the game. You can do this!!

1 Like

Much like @Quinny251 said, for me I never did blow unless I was drinking. So I removed alcohol completely from my life

1 Like

I became addicted to coke in 2008 and had to work hard to kick it. One trick i used was black cumin. I got a reusable tea bag and put about 2 tablespoons of black cumin in it. The cumin has a very strong effect on the sinuses when you smell it, almost like menthol or eucalyptus. It kinda opens up your sinuses and burns a little.
I would just hold the bag up to my nose and inhale through the bag.
(to be clear, you’re just breathing, not snorting the actual cumin)
It was nice to have a bag of something in my pocket that I could “sniff” when ever I felt like it.

1 Like

My coke addiction turned into a crack addiction then to heroin… please get help now and don’t end up like me I would never have said I had a coke habit but I loved the high so much I tried the crack… years ago I’d never have thought I’d get into the harder drugs but thats the insanity of the disease. Maybe try ca meetings x

1 Like