Any other musicians?

Sex, drugs, rock and roll, right?

I’ve got band practice tonight, first since I decided to get sober. I’ve turned down the beer and weed at practice before, shouldn’t be a problem, must be vigilant to my own rationalizations though.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many are still active on here but there’s some old threads about music and art if use search function. @anon69871201 comes to mind about music. She’s just getting active again.

2 Likes

I gave up on music, at least for the time being. Used to play with two bands, playing shows regularly, but given the severity of my addiction i have chosen to stay away from all things punkrock for a while.

I would be lying if i said i didn’t miss it tho. My life revolved around music ever since i was 14 years old, but staying sober is worth so much more and playing shows or even rehearsel would be waaaay to hard for me to cope with in this stage of my recovery.

2 Likes

I still play with my band. Personally I was never one to drink much at practice. Shows were different since somebody is alqays getting you a shot. Now when I play out i just fall back on the driving excuse or designate a drinker in the crowd… At least 1 person will like us.

2 Likes

I did the same thing about 8 years ago when I needed to quit cocaine. Just started back playing in bands about 3 years ago. It was worth taking a break for me, no question. I just focused on writing music instead during that time.

1 Like

I like the designated drinker idea, nice!

It works wonders for the crowd.

1 Like

Gig tonight, at a place where the owner always buys shots for the band. The drummer is the only one who drinks, so he’ll be loaded with all of ours too, lol

Ive been playing drums for about 15 years. Not in a band but still feel I have to beat the shit out of them every other day. Feels good especially since I sold most of my equipment for substances. Finally got my equipment back and feels even better than before.

3 Likes

It was my consumption that put my music on hold. I anticipate a return…

1 Like

The night has begun. Water number two!

Been playing music since i was 12, and only been a band once. Failed for obvious reasons. Nonetheless, i will never turn my back on it, over the years, its become as important as air and nutrition to me.

1 Like

That is the way of the drummer… Mine, and this was before I ever thought about quitting, i never drank during shows that much until the last set anyway. Singer in the band… But one night drummer shows up and he’s a mess before we even start.he’s holding it down alright, but his 12 pack of ipas and whatever pills he was on are taking its toll as the night goes on. We end the show with sympathy for the devil and we drag out the end. Most nights. This might he’s getting shaky. I’m watching him while the rest of the band is doing their thing amd drummer looks like a fucking weeble. He’s wobbling all over the place. He starts swaying and I’m thinking he’s really into it. And the sway becomes a little lean then a bigger lean and so on. I can see he’s going down… But he’s still playing in time and I’m hoping i can scream last measure just right, Because he’s going to fall off the kit, so that his last hits are on the crash. So I’m watching and sure enough. I’m yelling over everything “last one ladt one!” And on the last note he hits the crash and just falls to the ground… Impressive as it was sad.

1 Like

6 string bass player. Miss being on stage

2 Likes

I studied classical opera at Rutgers university… What a mistake I’ll never find a job

2 Likes

I made it! First time I’ve had a gig and not had a drink. And I’ve been gigging for 30 years, so it’s kind of a thing. Didn’t feel like much of a thing though, to be honest. There was barely any temptation, I was surprised.

6 Likes

I still pluck the old six string, I wanna get back into it but seems kinda hard since all the band’s I wash with were heavy metal and heavy drinkers, trying to find a nice clean a sober group to jam with local to me…I’m in Beaumont CA, if anyone knows were that is hahaha

1 Like

A beautiful disaster indeed

2 Likes

Your dog manages the bass pedal for you?

2 Likes