Any random hobbies added for sobriety?

So, I had some more down time, and with that time I have decided to learn German. I was watching a show and I now I sit for an hour and do some studying lol.

Did any random or any hobbies that you’ve always wanted to do, but never made time for it?

7 Likes

I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar. I love the Blues and wish I could play and share my soul.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to find a hobby for weeks! One that suits me fine. I’ve been given ideas but none of weren’t to my liking… One day… I’ll find a hobby worthy of my Awesomeness lol!

5 Likes

I have an interest in crystals and would so love to learn about them. I just have to find the motivation (and time) to sit down and read up.

I’ve tried crocheting, gaming, electric guitar, writing short stories, drawing (which I’m still terrible at), pole fitness, dance and a long list of others, but got bored of them all.

Try writing down things that interest you (I should too) and then tick things off the list when you’ve tried them and dont enjoy them. At least then you will know what you dont like, or you will find something you love.
Good luck :blush:

3 Likes

Back into my photography. Volunteering. Art.

2 Likes

Everything I do is random :rofl::joy::joy:

I didn’t do shit as a drunk, I worked and drank and that about sums up from age 18 to 33. Now I have actual stuff I do, that takes some tools and know how and patience. I’ve gotten into car audio, fabricated a bunch of stuff for my rolling concert venue. Now I’m all the way in on home remodeling, watching and reading all sorts of material, demolishing and building stuff.

Life as a sober person has been the best 22 months of my adult life.

19 Likes

Ukulele and running for public offices that no one else wants (library board of trustees).

8 Likes

Hey @Yoda-Stevie. Your are needed sir :wink:

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s amazing!

1 Like

Very lovly!

All the physical hobbies i did before have become a lot more enjoyable. My surf sessions are close to 3 hours now. I put about 80 miles on my dirtbike and didnt fall once. Getting up at dawn is easy now even on weekends. Seen lots more beautiful sunrises than ever before. Going to the gym feels like im actually getting somewhere now.

3 Likes

Ahhh, I feel you that!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I put up a couple of bird feeders in my yard, one with seeds and one for hummingbirds. I’ve been studying and taking pictures of all the different types of birds the feeders are attracting. It helps me clear my mind when my anxiety and depression kicks in.

3 Likes

I’d like to learn how to sew and join a bowling league (I’m terrible at bowling though lol). Would like to take a class or two for fun- not bc it’s required for a MSN program. All doable :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I like to read and I’m learning how to knit on a loom.

3 Likes

My dogs- training them to be certified therapy dogs to go into hospitals, schools etc. My chameleon and my fish in planted aquariums. Keeping them healthy and alive keeps me healthy and clean… spend my money on them not drugs :joy:

7 Likes

This has been my life for the last 3 to 4 weeks. Been quite an experience, going from renters to owners, even if it’s just a mobile home, we’re moving in the right direction.

It started as a small idea, small build and it’s morphed into a total transformation of the interior. From a 2bd/2bath to a 4bd/2bath. Learned a little about plumbing, electrical and loads about framing and woodworking.

Right before this started, we had a pipe burst under the sink in our bathroom at our current place, it definitely scared me cause if I own the place that’s on me to fix or pay someone to fix. As a renter I just called the management office and it was fixed when I got home. After much of this process I definitely have more peace of mind knowing I can handle this stuff… as a drunk… never had I tried to do anything on this scale, let alone had the money to accomplish it

15 Likes

Wow! That’s pretty badass man. You got the wheels turning in my head, Cap! Lol!

3 Likes