Any sober VEGANS out here?

Looking to connect with like minded folks…

10 Likes

Hi! Nice to meet you! I’ve been vegan for a few years. I wonder why giving up cheese is so much easier for me than giving up beer :neutral_face::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

I can list a lot of reasons. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

I’ve been since 2011, never looked back. So. Being that we have our minds on health, did it bother you too that being vegan and poisoning your body at the same time didn’t make sense? I’ve been fighting with that for so long.

1 Like

It took me a year to fully transition. Keep at it. Good for you!!!

2 Likes

Yes yes thanks for tagging @C-sun! Ethical vegan here… The other day i put peppa the pig toys in the pork isle, next to the meat. Just because…9 months sober!

6 Likes

I love eating vegan! 3 days sober

2 Likes

Me too, vegan food is ace… Just finished my full roast dinner including cauliflower sheese… I can’t move :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg I love being vegan too. Don’t miss out on anything, that’s why I’m not skinny. Lol

4 Likes

I’m 3 days sober too. So tired right now the beach is wearing me out.

How are you hanging in there on your third day?

I love it!

The problem is that I didn’t consider alcohol as a poison! I just saw it as something that could be good within certain limits. Dinners with friends, celebrations, special occasions… But I was crossing those limits too often, so I decided I had to change my behaviour at last :blush: I admit I relapse sometimes, but at least I’ve taken a different direction. And if I drink plain water I can eat more delicious vegan food!!! :yum::yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

There is! In Italy - where I live - the best fruit flavoured ice cream is vegan, because fresh ripe fruits don’t need any kind of milk added. Other flavours can have soy or almond milk. But my favourite is extra dark chocolate sorbet :wink:

3 Likes

Plenty and it’s amazing. Ben and Jerrys just came out with a vegan line, you’d be amazed at how good it is.

2 Likes

Yup! :slight_smile: You can make your own “nice” cream too out of frozen bananas. SO GOOD.

3 Likes

absolutely!!
hagen daaz and ben and jerry now make non dairy ice cream and many more brands! so delicious is a brand very tasty non dairy items including ice cream.

check out vegkit.org

2 Likes

lol sorry didnt see this before i posted my reply.

At the begining of my sobriety i lived on vegan ice cream… By ‘at the begining’ i mean the first 6 months :slight_smile: and then i pondered why my clothes were shrinking…

2 Likes

Haha who’s got a spontaneous cravings for ice cream??? With a warm chocolate brownie…

2 Likes