Any tips for staying sober?

I’m not entirely sure where to start. I’m currently a day and a half sober and just recently admitted I have a problem with binge drinking. I’ve been reading through and have seen some people also have the same cycle of drinking for a few days, binge drinking and then being sober for a few days and once you start to feel better you repeat the cycle. I’m wondering if anyone has any tips on things to do to help stay busy and sober? I’m not religious and just moved from Colorado to Missouri. I got a gym membership today and I’m thinking that will help, but any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

@RageandLove i think by admitting your problem you have Come a long way . This is very good :slight_smile: also to have a support system like a doctor, a form of advisor might be a good thing . But most of all someone close like a fam member that is not judgefull, Who just listen. As for me i use my sponsor and my group. Walking, traveling or Reading a book is very calming. U tried any form of things like breathing theraphy? Changing how i think and act and look at the world. Hope it helps a litle. Remember one day at a time :slight_smile:

Your list is amazing. I am going to print this off and keep it in my wallet as part of my toolkit to stay sober

I can only state the obvious, don’t drink alcohol. It works everytime