Anybody know how to deal MDMA and xanax withdrawal

I was on a much more brutal taper, lasted only 18 days, but I was tapering through a detox clinic. The last time i took a drink was around 6 pm on June 17th 2017. The next morning i took a handful of xanax spaced out, but the last one was 10 am the 18th. I tried to get admitted to the dual diognosis ward at the psych hospital here that morning. They didn’t admit me but sent me off with the few Librium that would start my taper and I started at the detox the next day. To this day I count that last xanax at 10 am as my last use. My sober date is 6/19/17. I did the taper exactly how they told me to and i fought like crazy durring it (and long after as well). I did go back and was successfully admitted on 7/10. They gave me a very low dose of ativan when i was admitted and a super low dose of another benzo twice the next day and once the second full day. I still count myself as being sober. I fought a life or death battle every step of the way. I succeeded at getting completely off them. Fuck, it was hard as hell! But I made it and I’m so happy I did!

If you feel comfortable with the plan you and your doctor have made and stick to it, I feel like you should count the days however you feel like it. No one tells someone who is on a strict suboxon taper that they can’t count those days.

Personally, I would cut the taper down to make it quicker, especially since you haven’t taken anything in 9 days. This taper will prolong the process by a lot. But, i know zero about you or what your life is like so I’m not qualified to make decissions like that.

In the end, you decide what is sober and what isn’t. Stay strong my friend and keep in touch here.

2 Likes

You should not go cold turkey on any benzo it is very dangerous ! Tapering is the best way. I know , easier said then done. …but, its possible ive done it. Going cold turkey is an unnecessary pain to put yourself thru.

weell i just fucked up ive taken 15 xanax 1 mg the last 5 hours with booze… i jist couldnt fight the urgd anymore

only shit going through my mind is now lil peep music and the wish of dying like him tonight

fuck man i fucked up big time fuck… ii ate my whole weekend dosages plus some extra… im so pissed at my self but i had to deal with the abstnenses today it was so ill… i hope i dont relapse again im so sad that i fucked up😭

Have you considered doing a medical detox/rehab?

1 Like

@oterboi I am concerned about the effects you’ve been experiencing as well as not sticking to the plan you made with your doctor. I’m not telling you what to do, but like @Englishd is suggesting, it’s worth considering a facility that does medically-assisted detox. Having closer medical supervision and help sticking to the tapering plan would be really valuable. Your current situation is dangerous.

@oterboi I went to a detox facility and they got me off Xanax. I had one pretty rough night but other than that it wasn’t all that bad. They gave me something else instead to help with the withdrawals, I believe Valium. Whatever it was, it worked! There is hope. You can definitely get off of them if you want to😊

Yes its gross, the people who use it seem to be younger and younger, goes in a bad direction