Anyone doing anything fun today

My kids and I are doing yard work. The weather in michigan is pretty decent today. Anyone doing anything fun while stuck at home this friday

3 Likes

I’m delivering food pantry orders. I’m not thrilled about being out but proper distancing measures are in place

4 Likes

Our city has designated this week “restaurant week” and is encouraging us to go get take-out or buy a gift certificate. So each night I go get it, and bring it home. I’ll be doing it again, tonight. Haven’t cooked since Sunday. This Sunday we plan on putting up the badminton net, grilling, and eating out on the deck.

5 Likes

I’ve refused to go to work through the week as no one is even attempting to keep their distance from one another. Weekend is a different story and it is possible to stay two metres apart then so I’m working weekends instead now.
It’s at a parcel sortation facility, how plastic children’s slides and televisions are classed as essential items is beyond me. They are even busier than they are at Christmas time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Been down the allotments with my son bedding in strawberry plants and get plot ready for potatoes

3 Likes

Though I’m technically on the clock I’ve volunteered to take pantry orders to clients. We don’t have many people willing to deliver right now. I took this job specifically because of the population we serve. I don’t have it in me to stop serving them now

4 Likes

No I don’t blame you, these people can be easily forgotten or overlooked so it’s incredibly important at any time but especially right now!
I feel for people who are desperate to seek treatment but can’t do so at the moment because I know that over here at least the alcohol and drug services are all closed or over the telephone only. They are unable to take on any new clients.
Thanks for doing what you can! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sadly a lot of my addiction clients aren’t able to be found right now because I can’t see them in person. I have a lot of clients with HIV that are stuck inside because they wouldn’t be able to fight off Covid-19. So that’s where the majority of my deliveries go. Most of them have been isolated for about 4 weeks now and are running low on supplies

8 Likes

It is good that you do this. You are building a strong legacy.

2 Likes

Lashing rain here, so it’ll be an evening indoors once I wrap up work. I also just realized that this data analysis I’ve been working on for the past 3 hours was based on a file that I didn’t trim up as much as I needed to, so I’ll be starting over. Rookie mistake. Thankfully now I know the path to get where I want to be with this report, so it’s just a matter of retracing my steps with the corrected file. Half the battle of business analysis is just figuring out your course for how to get from your starting point raw data to where you need to get to in order to present useful analysis. That’s the creative part of this work that I like. I get to make the rules and play a bit. I have my “map” in place now, just have to recreate it. I’ll probably log on tomorrow to do that, I’m tired of looking at it. I’m done for today.

So I’m headed downstairs for a good stretch, ice my back a bit, and make sure I’m feeling good and rested for my run tomorrow morning. I’ll be on the couch with the dogs this evening.

5 Likes

Busy day trying to balance working from home and watching my four year old. He gets lots of screen time when I need to make calls in quiet. I took some vacation time for a couple hours so I could give him my full attention. Drive down the road, digging in the dirt on our property, looking for signs of spring, fresh air play. And now he’s in bed (still chatting away) and I got to have a bath. A BATH!! That is a very rare peaceful occasion for me. So I’m grateful in these challenging, scary, uncertain times. I have much to be thankful for. And soon season three of Ozarks.

3 Likes

What you’re doing is absolutely amazing. You’re a great guy Derek. Very thoughtful!!

3 Likes

I baked some bread.