Anyone else from the UK?

I thought I was doing ok,managed to make it to day 7 today, my first whole week drug free for a very VERY long time…but I have been sent home from wrk,i feel so ill,both physically and mentally,I cant stop crying,I feel so low and I’ve got no strength. Was sick at work and haven’t moved off the sofa since I came home :cry: I feel like the “novelty” of getting clean has worn off now and this is where the real work starts

1 Like

The promised land Scotland

2 Likes

Awww hugs sweetie, we have all been there, the first few weeks can be really tough. BE KIND YOURSELF! These feelings will pass and the grass is so much greener on the sober side. We are all here for you, talk to us, read others stories. Have some cake, do some yoga, watch your favourite film anything that feels like a treat to yourself you deserve it! One moment at a time you can stay sober and you will be so much happier for it. Xx​:heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your a bit under the weather. Take some time to look after yourself. As Fran says, have a bath, cake might not be too good if you’re feeling sick
You will be up and down for while so just go with it.
Everything that I went through I just put down to recovery and let it happen. For the first couple of months I literally just went to work, had a bath and went to bed.
I still have a lot of baths now to be fair.
So settle down read other people’s stories and rest while you can.
I spent the first 4 days on the couch bingeing on Netflix.

1 Like

Aww sorry you’re feeling rough hun, you’re right this is where the hard works starts but it’s so worth it, ride the feelings out, look after yourself, rest plenty and try to eat when you can. Let yourself feel how you’re feeling and just smile at the fact you know you never have to go through this again! Hugs x

3 Likes

Near Notts. :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I live in London and am originally from Brazil.:blush:

1 Like

Thanku everyone for all your kind words and support,I’ve made it from the sofa to bed now and although it’s only 7.30pm I think I’m gona try & go to sleep,I’ve barely slept this last week or so,hoping tonight it’s all caught up wiv me & I’ll actually manage more than a couple hours! Much love to you all :heart:

6 Likes

Hi Joey, hope you’re good. I’m from County Durham. :blush:

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon Joey.

1 Like

Hey @anon12657779…The wedding was great thanks for asking.I managed to stay away from the drink.but I did have three drinks the previous week.So ten days clean now.Think I managed two weeks on the first attempt.This time I feel much more relaxed.not thinking about drink…I haven’t missed work on a Monday now for 5 weeks.so I am happy with that :joy:…Hope you are well

1 Like

Good to hear. Yeah, Monday is a little better these days isn’t it. Still Monday, but without the hangover crap!
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Joey1 how are you today hunny? X

2 Likes

@Frantasticooo I’m feelin abit better today Thankyou lovely. I managed 5 hours sleep unbroken and even managed to go back into work for 3 hours this morning. Little steps,but all heading in the right direction xx how is everyone today? :blush:

5 Likes

I’m so pleased, little steps one at a time, that’s the way to do it :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good afternoon from Norfolk :+1:

2 Likes

I feel trapped. Me and my partner cant seem to go 2 days without arguing,we dont really do anything together, if I’m honest we can barely have a conversation anymore. We only moved into this new house less than 2 months ago, it was meant to be our fresh start, a new beginning in a new town. But we’re both miserable. We put on a good face to the outside world,people think we’re quite happy & that things are going well (I even think I’ve given that impression on here with little things I’ve said)…I cant afford to move out,I cant afford to run this place myself and because we’re both on the tenancy I’m presuming we’re probably tied to this place for 6 months minimum either way (I’ll have to look through the paperwork). I know we love each other but is that enough if we’re making one another so unhappy?? I want our relationship to work…but right now I dont think I can see that happening. Sorry for the sob story,I know this isnt a place for relationship therapy :woman_facepalming::rofl: I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

2 Likes

Relationship and addiction are of course wrapped together so of course this is the place to vent, I’m not the best one to ask on that though but I promise there will be people who will definitely give you some great advice :flushed::heart:

1 Like

Are you both in recovery Jo?

No just me…hes got some pretty bad emotional problems stemming from his childhood and his parents