Anyone Else Juicing?

I started juicing a few years ago to get healthier as my desk job was leading to a much bigger back end than I was comfortable with. It’s so funny to think about, I was juicing for two meals a day, doing Crossfit 3 nights a week, running on the off days and then drinking my bourbon neat when I got home. My logic was that at least it was less calories that way than drinking so much wine! So crazy!

I’m slowly returning back to my juice but am getting a little bored. My go-to is spinach, celery, carrots, apples, parsley and cilantro. It’s a great blend, but is losing some of the magic for me day in and day out.

Anyone else juicing? What’s your favorite recipe?

Ohhhhhh, when you said Juicing, I thought this was the Steriod room. Whoopsi. Ha, just kidding pal. Juicing sounds incredible!! I even have a juicer that we’ve never used. I’m gonna try it😋

3 Likes

I do t know if I have a favourite recipe but I always like beets since it’s a good liver cleanser. I used to say that a bottle of wine was okay as long as I had my beets. LOL

Ginger is also a nice addition to juices…a good kickstart in the morning.

1 Like

Lol I thought about the thread title after posting, thought maybe it’s cause some confusion.

You should dust off that juicer! Then you can tell me about your favorite! I do know that I hate kale and beets myself, and adding extra apples helps to get used to the juice, even if it reduces some of the health benefits.

I want to like beets so bad because I’ve read about all of the benefits. To me, they just taste like dirt. Lol

And I do like ginger since I have such bad allergies. I can never seem to get through a whole root before it goes bad though so I rarely buy it. I may add it to my grocery list this week…

Ive juiced on and off for a while now. I have the nutri bullet and absolutely LOVE it!! Ive just boight some vegan protein shakes that i intend to add some almond milk, bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg and if i have an apple or pear will add that too. Very simple and tasty too.
My other juice i like is 1 cup coconut water, baby spinach leaves, 1/2 avocado, apple, celery leaf, Lebanese cucumber. I then add any other salad or fruit that might need using up in the fridge to change it up a bit.

3 Likes

OMG…you’re the only other person I know who has said they taste like dirt!! My sister says they taste like candy and all I can think is “what kind of gross assed candy do you eat?”

But I have one cooked recipe I like for beets that requires balsamic vinegar…and when I juice or add to smoothies I have to make sure there is lots of sweet stuff with it. I think sugars help with that dirt taste.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love it! I never can understand when people think they taste good, and definitely not like candy!

I’ll have to give them another shot with an extra sweet juice. My liver could definitely use the healing!

Juicing is great, just remember you are intaking a lot more sugar without the fiber. I personally switched to blending, if you have a magic bullet or vitamix (or any high speed blender) I have some good mixes.

• mango (get the organic frozen cubes from trader Joe’s, taste great) and frozen banana with a healthy splash of coconut water and h2o. Great for a morning refreshment.

• frozen acai, frozen banana, and water

• frozen banana, frozen blueberries, and an optional scoop of vegan protein for a pre or post workout mix (or mini meal replacement)

And of course the typical ones…

As far as juicing, I liked the carrot, Apple, ginger…almost like a cleanse when you drink that beast. Shoot me some ideas for shakes!

2 Likes

Yup i juice everyday. My normal juice is pineapples, kale, agave and green apple

1 Like

Yogurt, a dash of milk, frozen berries mix, maca powder
Yogurt, coconut milk, frozen peaches, frozen pineapples, frozen banana

3 Likes

I love juicing a couple sites to look into…www.juicerecipes.com and search for reboot with Joe Cross. Tracy at juice recipes has a 30 day challenge, it’s a great way start juicing if you have never juiced before.

I love beets…juiced, pickled, roasted. It probably reminds me of the mud pies I ate in my youth.

1 Like

I have become a Ginger juice addict :wink: Am in fact making 4 liters right now. My ingredients are Ginger, lemon and honey. It tastes absolutely awesome. My bag in Box replacement :blush: So Ginger in swedish is Ingefära :sweden: Never get tired of this!

3 Likes

I’ll have to try this mixture! I’ve purchased pineapple a few times intending to put it in my juice and I just never throw it in the juicer! Silly, I know!

Does the pineapple and agave hide the kale taste at all? I want to love kale because I know it’s so good, but I just hate the taste.

I’ll have to give this recipe a shot. I bet it’d be great for my seasonal allergies too! How long does it take you to get through that size of a recipe?

I’ve been making my juice each night to drink at work the next day. I know I should drink it as soon as possible but just can’t get out of bed early enough to make it fresh each morning!

I love it! I don’t personally share the love of beets but it makes sense that you think of childhood mud pies. I just think they taste like dirt. Lol

Joe Cross was definitely a catalyst for my jump into juicing a few years ago. I really liked the resources Jason Vale put out when I got back into it last year.

I’ll check out Tracy as well. I love the ideas in the challenges but I hate when the ingredients are so varied in a week that my grocery bill doubles! Which is probably how I boxed myself into the “same recipe everyday” issue in the first place!

I’ve had my eyes on either the Nutribullet or a Vitamix but just haven’t made up my mind or pulled the trigger yet. Silly to think how small those price tags are compared to the $150/ week I was spending on my wine and bourbon each week!

I would love to be able to incorporate some avocado into some smoothies too! I love the idea of the coconut water!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try out the juice recipe. I need to get my hands on a nice blender so I can start working in shakes and smoothies!

I have a Blendtek for smoothies. It works great but is as loud AF. I’ve heard Vitamix is also loud.

It’s so hard to know what would be best. There are thousands of reviews for all of the popular models out there!

Quiet is good, but I can get over it being loud if it works well. My husband and daughter may disagree with that sentiment though! Lol