Anyone here tried meditation?

Im thinking of taking it up, anyone here tried it? If so can you tell me how it worked for you?

2 Likes

Yes and it Def helps. Now I never did classes. But I practiced vipassanna meditation on YouTube it is mindful meditation and definitely helped me with anxiety. There are several types of meditation, check out YouTube. Put in some hear phones and give it a try

4 Likes

I tried it once, years ago. It didn’t work out well for me. Then I tried a form of meditation that involves some light yoga, and that REALLY worked wonders.

1 Like

Im happy to try it if it helps with anxieties, i just found some of it on google quite corny would like some down to earth type

Yeah light yoga has worked in past for me but stopped it when i twisted ankle and never got back into it

Vipassanna is some of the most down to earth meditation you can do. It’s all about finding your inner self. It teaches you how to let anxiety, thoughts, in and let them go

1 Like

Also if you try any form of meditation. You have to actually be open to it. Like anything in life, you can’t try it once and decide you dontlike it. Did you like your first, to ten days of sobriety? Probably not lol. So with meditation you haveto try it atleast two weeks to a month to see benefits

1 Like

It cant hurt to try ive got the time so im open to it right now to be honest, is there a certain youtuber you prefer or just search vipassanna up?

1 Like

I use headspace app as I really like the voice of the speaker. Otherwise is use breathe app. This helps me a lot and quickly as I am a big thinker so it is really difficult for me to focus.
I did biofeedback and told her that I even have difficulty to stay in savasana as I cannot let go. But slowly it gets better.

3 Likes

the very first one is guided. Try that the first couple times. Be open to it, after a day or two switch to the longer ones. You will notice a huge different in your thoughts, and anxiety. I’m actually going to start them again bc I got complacent and stopped which was silly because they cured alot for me

2 Likes

Is it an iphone app or samsung app? I will try them could be really good im a big thinker

Thanks for this man ill try it

I have Android. But I guess it’s available for ios as well.

This one?

2 Likes

No problem dude. There is many different meditation. I’ve also tried wimhoff which is ok too, I’ve tried mantra. I like vipassanna bc it is a silent meditation and I can hear my self. Mantras are guided and throws my mind off. Also, cold showers r fun :slight_smile: they also help with anxiety. I really got complacent in alot with my sobriety and stopped doing alot. Which isn’t good we have to work are recovery every day

1 Like

Ive been trying sleep meditation it was working originally but not so much now so wanna try a different style

I do a mindfulness meditation practice for about 10 minutes each day. I use the Waking Up app. It’s really helped to keep me grounded throughout the day. Which helps to keep my anxiety at bay and helps stop me from getting swept away by my thoughts.

1 Like

I can try that one aswell see if it blends well for me thanks man

1 Like

I’ll PM you a link for a free month trial

Yeah thanks man

1 Like