Anyone in Seattle?

Out with friends at a bar because thats what we used to do, but I’m sober (113 days!) But super tempted to drink. Definitely don’t want to but really want to haha. Ugh. I need sober friends.

2 Likes

Have you thought of going to any local meetings or tapping in to your local recovery network? I would be cautious in going out to bars with your old drinking buddies. They say that is we keep found and sitting in the barbers we will eventually get a haircut, the same goes for visiting bars, I mean is it really that enjoyable going somewhere that’s full of inebriated people? I find drunk people to be quite annoying tbh. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have tried but they’ve been canceled when I go to meetings, I know I should try again. If anyone has more advice on tapping into my local recovery network I’d appreciate it because I’ve had trouble doing that.
And they’re more of real friends who support me but we were out and ended up there because my friend works there. Plus I try real hard not to think I’m better than people who drink, I just happen to not drink because that’s best for me. I want to be adaptable and able to push myself (while feeling confident in my sobriety), I just would love to find a sober community too.

1 Like

I searched ‘seattle’ for same reason and to look up if there is any local sober network we have around us. So far I’m still looking.
But I just completed my 20 days today so a little hyper about that:)

1 Like

Congrats on 20 days!! Seattle has a robust recovery scene for 12-step and buddhism-based support groups and most meetings have shifted back to in person or hybrid, but there are still tons of online meetings to choose from! Peer Seattle is also a great resource for addiction recovery support for those trying to build their network. Best of luck to you!!

2 Likes

The is plenty there, I live in the Netherlands. Which search term are you using? :thinking:

Understand if you bit hyper, hope you get through it and just go

1 Like

Im just using the term ‘Seattle’. Not sure what else or where else to look for or search for.

Hey, I’m North of Seattle by Everett. There is some kicks ass recovery up here, for real. Absofuckinlutely you need to try again. You’ll find some good people and really good support and resources among us! And nah, I’m surely no better than anyone else, but I know better for me and my life. Welcome, hope to hear more from you! :hibiscus:

2 Likes

What area are you in, specifically? I can steer you towards whichever program you’re interested in. I’ve gotten pretty familiar with the different sites.

1 Like

Hi @Dakotahjae thanks for replying. Im south of seattle…federal way to be specific. And honestly not sure whats out there as far as programs concern. This is my first attempt and it took me years to make this decision and im on my day 31 today and really don’t want to break it.
So pls, I’ll accept any kind of help or resources that you can provide.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

I’m from the Seattle area. Check out Seattle Intergroup. It’s AA however. Not sure what you’re looking for. They are the hub for all the groups in the Puget Sound area. They can point you in the right direction if you reach out.

2 Likes

I’m in the Seattle area too, Monroe specifically.

I know there are plenty of AA groups all over, that is a good place to start, find a group that suits you and inquire about other groups?