Anyone local?

Hey ya’ll! I am just curious if anyone that visits this app is local to me? I live in Fort Myers, FL. :sunny:

2 Likes

What’s local? A few miles or does East Coast work? :rofl:

1 Like

USA! USA! Nation-buddies!

2 Likes

I was thinking like in the same city or any surrounding cities😊

2 Likes

Lucky!!! Haha- I’m in Minnesota, sadly.

3 Likes

Oh… OK. I guess Virginia is too far right? :persevere:

1 Like

Would be nice to be in FL. I’m stuck with the Chicago weather.

1 Like

South Africa, think i might be the only one on the forum

2 Likes

The developer of the forum is from South Africa. So, not the only one!!

5 Likes

Lol nice and then there were 2

1 Like

Canadian here :slight_smile: I live in Ontario and British Colombia

3 Likes

Can’t complain where I am.
SAN DIEGO.
Known to most as the whales vagina

2 Likes

Oh wow, people from all over the place! Believe me, I love Florida and probably couldn’t live anywhere else because I’m just so used to being able to go out in a pair of shorts, a tank top, and flip flops almost year round. BUT, in the Summertime the heat gets so bad no one really even wants to go outside unless it involves water because it gets HOT with the humidity. But, I have a jet ski so that is awesome for those steaming hot days! I really was wishing I could find someone local from the app just to connect with in person and possibly become my sponsor. I have 2 months 9 days and have yet to get a sponsor. I really think I need to get one if I am going to be successful through this journey. But, I am guilty of not getting to a meeting yet besides the meetings in the detox program I went through.

Does anyone ever ask or have a sponsor from TS?

1 Like

I have a close friend who is an addict and is clean and sober and would love for her to be my sponsor, but she is a lot of times hard to get a hold of or forgets to call me back. I really want someone who will REALLY be there for me. I’m not talking 24/7, but at least be able to answer calls once in a while and meet up now and then…

1 Like

I LOVE Orlando!

1 Like

Does she do the steps in AA or NA? Even though I did a lot of drugs and drank I prefer the steps in AA. I have experience in both programs though.

1 Like

Im from UK. There’s a few of us here I think.

2 Likes

I believe she is doing something called Smart Recovery😊

SMART doesn’t use sponsorship. You should go check out a meeting with her. There’s some folks here pretty big into SMART. I’ve only been once myself

1 Like

I would if I could ever get in touch with her, lol!