Anyone think: apocalypse coming fuck it?

Also, I think I am scared. I use to drink to hide my fears…fears of unknown…it’s got me lately…but I am here…right?

6 Likes

When the apocalypse comes, it comes. I won’t plan for some uncertain future, I won’t let it dictate my today because I only have control of me and what I do.

Do what you can, that’s all you can do.

14 Likes

Who cares I’m gonna die anyway was a legitimate reason to drink in my mind for a while

6 Likes

I won’t give in that easily but I just wish my brain wouldn’t do that. It’s been doing it more and more these days. I can feel the anxiety brewing.

I think, what if they’re wrong?

I think, even if they’re right, what about all the time in between now and then?

I think, I was already pretty good at inventing reasons to make myself miserable and not enjoy whatever days I’ve got left. Not going back on that now.

I think today was great and I got to be present for it.

I think I’ll try that again tomorrow.

Wait… What were we talking about again?

6 Likes

I share your fear but I don’t see it as a reason to drink. My theory is to be ready and as healthy and fit as possible for survival/ battle, along with doing what I can to minimize my carbon footprint.

10 Likes

A massive earth crises seems like a horrible time to be experiencing withdraws.

9 Likes

We see what we look at. I take care with the media I feed myself. I got sober during the Bush II administration. I thought the world was going to hell in a handbasket then. So I stopped reading the newspaper for three years. Except for the sports pages daily and the puzzle page on Saturday.

Today I’m very restrictive with Facebook and the news apps. I choose to look at very local stuff, and to focus on positive events. And the world has a lot of good in it.

10 Likes

A lot of truth to this :ok_hand: I stopped watching the news two years ago, bc it always left me feeling helpless and the world going to end tomorrow. I try my best to do the same as you! We’re on the right path here :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I’m sure the fear of how ugly this world could be was quite a big part of my boozing. I’m a worrier by nature and the anxiety made that even worse when I was drinking. I’m from the uk and I must say now, I’m fucking sick of brexit and all of the scare mongering!! I have to also say though since not sticking shit down my throat the anxiety is almost non existent and i can now think, what will be will be! :woman_shrugging:t3: that’s why it’s even more important that we all wake up from our addictions and LIVE for today! Go do the things you have always wanted to do either way we’re all going to die in the end!!! :flushed: ok… who just wrote all that… who am I and what have I done with the joyless, anxious lush :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl::rofl::pray:t2: peace to you all xx​:two_hearts:

3 Likes

My sons and i have the tools in the garage to take care of the zombies ,were prepared lol

8 Likes

I don’t think climate crisis means apocalypse…nothing like the momie 2012 (was that the name?)…but I think some very tough times are in our future and I need my brain and body at top function!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I feel you dear. This world is so full of crap. For me there are two choices: either I suck in all the shitty vibes around, lose my marbles and feel really bad and worried (which doesn’t help anyone) or I try to filter the amount of crap and concentrate on the good (things that serve my sobriety). What’s even more important to me is I try to spread good around and try to adjust my attitude if I notice any negativity, selfishness or greed in me. They can be very little everyday things. Helping others and doing my best gives me comfort. Dalai Lama has said that we will lose the game without compassion. And I think we should start with ourselves.

7 Likes

Wether i drink today or tomarro in peace or if theres a earth crisis, what good would it do.

Id rather trip and fall to save someone from getting hit by a car, then to comfortably watch someone get hit by a car.
Lol funny stuff but makes sence

1 Like

I do my best in my little smidge of the world and try to add to my communities in a positive way.

I cannot control the fate of the earth, but I can spread a little happiness and peace where I am. I am grateful to be sober either way. I sure don’t want to be hungover if a zombie comes calling.

9 Likes

I believe that knowing that 1/3rd of the human population will be taken out at the hand of evil is gonna be something extremely hard to witness sober… I’m notorious for getting drunk myself sometimes when I can’t find another solution or just need to escape but I’ve learned that I always make matters worse by doing so… I also believe that the same force that’s used to control our mind’s to cause self harm by not being able to clearly see what we are doing to ourselves and other’s is the same force that keeps us denying the truth… I thought of the one thing that Jesus said to do when seeing these signs… He said BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT… In the word’s of Dr Phil, I said to myself “wonder why he said that for”???As for fear, it’s not an option… :point_up::blush:

2 Likes

Getting high or drunk just doesn’t help me with anything anymore. It just get’s me depressed and suicidal. That’s the reason I quit. The world news threatens to get me seriously depressed too. I try to stay away from it but that’s not 100% possible. I can stay away from mind altering substances though. One cause of despressions excluded for me.
I am struggling with finding new ways of dealing with the world because drugs and drink don’t help me no more. Working on it. Lots of work to do.

6 Likes

Every civilization going back to the Sumerian empire has propagated Apocalypse stories.

Interesting fact: the word “Apocalypse” is Greek for “revelation”. It wasn’t something to be feared, unless that which was revealed was worthy of fear.

Throughout human history, there have been periods where the future seemed in doubt. The last ice age. The Black Death. The Mongolian conquests. WWII. For those directly impacted it must seem as if the world is ending, because their world is ending.

I don’t lose much sleep over climate change, or potential meteor impacts, alien invasion or the walking dead. My life is pretty good. All the basics covered: food, shelter, clothing. I have sufficient leisure time, family, friends. My physical safety is relatively assured in an orderly, civil society. I consider myself blessed to have been born in this time. I could’ve been a serf in the middle-ages, a Roman slave, or similar.

What I worry about is doing the most that I can, with the time I have left, leaving a solid legacy. This all rests on my sobriety. Better begins with sober.

10 Likes

Every time I think of this I try to remember that CO2
(Carbon Dioxide) makes up 0.0390% of the atmosphere. This little fact puts things in perspective for me. Not gonna drink over 0.0390% of a gas

2 Likes

WoW! Thanks everyone for your input! It’s so true all of it. I do my best every day but sometimes I get caught up in things as is normal. I am better sober I know that. I just want trees, clean air, clean water and to be safe. We all deserve that. I will fight the good fight today!

@Yoda-Stevie you are one wise SOB! A revelation. Love this! Thank you! Today I will be a better me!

6 Likes