App not accessible with new iphone

I use sober time app to access talking sober. I changed to iphone 11 and the app doesn’t open. Anybody else having this problem?

iOS 13 was just released and it broke the app. It’s pretty unusual for new software to come out and break things that were working…

I’ve updated the app with support for iOS 13, but it’s awaiting Apple’s review and approval. They only review app updates over weekdays from what I’ve seen, so you’ll probably only get the update on Monday.

Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

A reminder to those affected while waiting: You can (?) access this forum part in a web browser at talkingsober.com.

(Though I guess those affected may not see this…)

3 Likes

I’m using iOS 13 and downloaded the app today (newbie). It is working for me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s interesting! What phone are you running? It might be that it’s only breaking for the new iPhone 11 range.

1 Like

I do have an older phone. It’s an iPhone 7.

1 Like

The update was finally approved by Apple today (took them long enough!), so head over to the App Store and update.

1 Like

Apple sucks. You can tell them I said so.

3 Likes

No Apple update for me - IPhone 8. I haven’t had any problems though anyway

I just noticed that a bug snuck in with the new version on iPhone: some dates are not read correctly and instead will show completely wrong. I’ve pushed a fixed to the App Store a while ago and I’m now waiting on Apple to approve it again…

2 Likes

Thank you! And thank you @ifs I hadn’t seen this post yet. I have an older iPhone like 7.
Do I need to get a new Talking Sober app?

Deleted by the user …

2 Likes

That’s over 100 years so at least it’s being optimistic for ya

Deleted by the user …

1 Like

Made an announcement that I pinned to the top for people to easily access:

4 Likes