App questions

So im soon to get a new phone and wanna keep all my entries does this mean i gotta pay for premium plan or will it be ok to not pay and still have all my entries

1 Like

You can just re download the app, as long as you remember your username and password, it’ll pick up where you left off

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, you have to sign up for premium to get the cloud option on the Sober Time app. I’m tagging @Robin to help with this question. In the meantime, check your settings and see if your cloud sync is turned on.

2 Likes

Thank you all … i hate having to go with another provider for my cell but my wife wants to change … ive just did not wanna lose my entries to sober time to remind me how far ive came

2 Likes

I hate changing phones. I always put it off as long as I can.

You could sign up with the monthly premium option for only $5 and then cancel after you switch phones and sync.
Or, if you don’t have too many entries in the journal section, download them before switching then copy and paste them into the new phone.

The good thing is changing phones doesn’t impact your posts on the Talking Sober community.

3 Likes

Here are two quick visual guides on how to backup and restore your data across devices:

Old phone:
https://sociosoftware.com/support/sober-time/backup-your-sober-time-data-using-cloud-sync/

New Phone:
https://sociosoftware.com/support/sober-time/restore-data-using-cloud-sync/

2 Likes

Thank You all For The Help and understanding how to do it if and when i get premium i may get it for a year and try out the subscription. No adds sounds pretty good to me

3 Likes

I have everything saved in both my Samsung and Google accounts (apps, contacts, photos, passwords). When I got a new phone, everything switched over, including my homescreen and where all my apps were located so it looked exactly like my old phone. I just had to sign into everything again.

2 Likes

I just got a new phone and provider. I logged in and all my stuff was there.

2 Likes

Some phones/devices might carry over the data, but they don’t always do it and it can be unreliable. I’ve seen it happen many times where people get a new phone and then all their data is ‘missing’. The safest would be to use Sober Time’s Cloud Sync, which will let you save your data to an account.

2 Likes

My Xiaomi has the same function :blush:

1 Like