Appreciate the honesty

I appreciate each and everyone’s stories I’ve come across. It takes courage and strength to be honest with strangers. I appreciate that you can be this honest with yourselves too. In time i will be more able to be more open.
Sharing my quitting smoking story I was reminded I’m also 18 yrs and 9mths sober from a drug choice I use to have. My daughter which ended up being my sobriety is about to turn 18 in a few weeks. It’s bitter sweet what we each accomplish and makes us strong… so I made this topic to continue to encourage myself and others. I was 10 days in the app before I found this chat room. In the past 24 hrs It helped curve so many cravings by just picking it up and reaching for my soliders on here.
Along the way I used this app… a dry erase board for messages and keeping track of days… a rubber band on my wrist I snapped with a craving. I carried a mini marker with me to “dry hit” i used hot sauce and war heads to fight cravings. I kept a empty pack and put ashes and cigarette butts in it. I washed all curtains and blankets. But I must add after several attempts the reason this one is working. I put a plan of action in prior… very determined this time and I must add this app plays a big part in self accountability… I find a few situations tough [arguing with a beautiful strong willed teenager] so I say outloud " I will not make the excuse to smoke cause I’m stressed " if i chose to it’s because I chose no one else is making me" :heart::heart::heart:
Strong words there cause I use to blame others for my choices… healing is in the NEAR future I promise. You just have to accept it the way it comes.
Feel free to share your ways you are staying strong. Or just check in with sobriety with a good morning… good day… good evening…
Cause a day alive is a day better living then dead on the inside.
Just know I’m proud you’re making the choice to try
:heart::heart::heart: keep pushing my soldiers :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

What a beautiful, honest, strong post and attitude. You should be very proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

A well thought out, touching,strong post. So glad you are making these choices for yourself. You keep on with that strength you have. Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you my sobriety soldier , I was once scared of honesty and the truth. Now I use it to help heal.

1 Like

Was gone for the weekend. On a nice quiet getaway and really missed my support in this chat room.
I am 13 days and 12 hrs :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes