Approaching a trigger

So tomorrow I am going to a gig and going to be in the first social outing since my last major bad episode. I haven’t had the urge to drink or anything since my last one which made me reevaluate what I was doing n the harm it was starting to cause and I don’t feel or want to drink tomorrow but I’m afraid I’m going to go down the route of… Oh I’ll just have one with my meal before the gig to get me in the mood, and then if I get triggered while I’m out or carried away I’m worried I’m going to binge and fuck up again :confused: I’ve never been to a gig sober… And I feel awquard and stressful in social situations without a drink so this is going to be a tough one. :confused:

Embrace the awkwardness. It’ll make you stronger in the long run. Try to keep telling that voice no. You don’t need booze to have fun. Let the true you shine. You can do this😜

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your kind and inspirational words. I managed it without drinking! So proud of myself, my friend found me holding a bottle of wine while they were getting their drinks and they said… We can’t make that choice for you you have to make the choice for yourself. I put the wine back on the shelf and did the whole night sober :smiley: I’m a month sober now!

1 Like

What a difference one decision in one day makes.
You did it right! You’re really gaining strength and momentum!

those are good friends. congrats and jumping over that hurdle!

Superb!

You proved you had the strength to do something you doubted you could do.

And you proved you don’t need alcohol to have fun. Who really does? Really? A kids party is full of people having fun without alcohol. You have met up with the kid in you again.

Stay strong. And thank you for sharing. You will be inspiring others.

1 Like