Article: Sober Musicians, stories

@anon13078412
Mr. Pants… I just Googled my sobriety date and found my twin (date not year) in this article.
Also found a really good read on 5 musicians of varying ages and sober time telling their stories.

2 Likes

It’s brilliant sometimes Google isn’t it :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
You now have something in common with an awesome musician :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anyone ever hear of KC Makes Music? He’s getting pretty popular in the Northeast.

Just googled this, is he in recovery. Seems that a lot of the songs are about addiction :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just did a listen to “Powerful”
Powerful, indeed!

2 Likes

He definitely is

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve just been listening on YouTube, I’m in to it, thanks for the inadvertant recommendation :+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This open letter from my favourite comedian/writer to my favourite musician played a HUGE part in my desicion to sort myself out. It’s very funny and inspirational and I highly recommend a read (regardless of your musical taste)

Rob Delaney’s book is also a very entertaining and touching read if you want to read more

1 Like

Great letter!
If it’s the same Rob Delaney in the TV show Catastrophe, he incorporates his alcoholism in some of the storyline as well.
Looks like Mr. Pike is still working at his sobriety.

Follow up from this https://loudwire.com/high-on-fire-matt-pike-how-stay-sober-interview/

Thank you for bumping this thread back up @ChunkBorealis . I had been trying to remember the musician in recovery that @Englishd had pointed out here and now I can have a good listen and purchase some of his music – there’s nothing like supporting somebody that is in recovery and talented. Again thanks. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

KC Makes Music

1 Like