As anyone gotten a sleeping disorder after sobriety?

So I think I have figured out my sleeping pattern. I’m wide awake for 3 days crash for 4 hours on day 4 then back to being wide awake. I’ve notice that my sleeping as gotten worse since I gotten sober. Could it be because of the cocaine habit. Idk just going through my thoughts.

1 Like

Yes! Just hit say 3 did not sleep at all last night its dreadful. From my last 2 attempts this sorts itself out after 4 days. You can get herbal sleeping aids just to help and I also quit caffiene 2 months ago. That’s all the advice I have sorry

1 Like

That’s plenty of advice thank you…I just thought after nearly a year of sobriety it would have gotten better

I am resetting again going into day 2 this morning!
I am no stranger to binging and then getting sober again. I am not as far long as you are, but I do have sleep issue with my sobriety . I wake up all night thinking about things! I know its because I am not stone cold drunk passed out!! So I embrace it. I think the scrambled thoughts and I allow myself a few minutes to rationalize them. Then I tell myself “it’s ok for tonight , go back to sleep”
Even if I dont sleep well, I still know it’s ok! Because at least I wont be hungover tired .
I allow myself to take naps anytime I have a chance , especially in the early stages of becoming sober. I always wake up at certain times because… those are (or were) the times I would get up and go seek out any booze I had forgotten to drink! For example 3 a.m to 4 a.m was my eternal alarm clock to get up and go look for left behind alchohol.
Thank you for this post you reminded me of what my pattern has been. Stay strong

2 Likes

Two things come to mind. Bipolar or insomnia. I’ve gone through both. Sleeping meds aren’t always my first choice, but I definitely needed them.

1 Like

Day 33 here. I cant go to bed early and then when I finally fall asleep, I want to sleep in. I know this too shall pass though. I wont take any sleeping pills either.

1 Like

Someone just mentioned to me that Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome can cause sleep disorders (among other things) for a year or more. My amount of sleep has deteriorated since getting sober. I still feel more rested, though, than I did when I used to just pass out.

3 Likes

How ya doing friend? Just thinking about you and hope you’re hanging in there and doing well!

1 Like

I’m doing fantastic!!! Celebrating my 1 year sobriety birthday this weekend!

3 Likes

Ice cream party!!! Wooo. Yay!!!

1 Like

Monday right? Yahooooooo!!!

1 Like

Yup Monday!! Staying at my Dads Beach house for the weekend!

2 Likes

That’s a perfect way to celebrate!!

1 Like