As they say "whatever helps you sleep at night"

I am nearly a year without alcohol! Was here at day 2 or 3 and checked in often at the beginning. I’m still super excited about not drinking it’s brought alot of positive changes in my life! And just fyi I’ve still always smoked pot, where I live it’s legal plus I have a med card, but i definitely use it recreationally which I know some people aren’t ok with but whatever this is just some background to get the best advice? I am open to quitting, I know that’s what you’ll all say

But something 100,000,000x worse is I’ve been experimenting with other shit lately. Shit that I never thought I’d touch in my life. It’s far from out of control i only allowed (NOTICE past tense) it to happen a few times…have had plenty more opportunities tho. Just say no, right?

In conclusion there is an obvious void in my life that I need to stop filling. Phew. Somehow I don’t feel any better🤐 All advice welcome

I already want to delete this post. Obviously I am not going to keep doing this shit. If your advise is for me to quit smoking that crap, then I already know. I needed to write that and im Just looking for anybody with a similar experience or just a word or two of wisdom

Congrats on all that time without Alcohol! But I really wouldn’t dabble in meth or H it’s waaay too risky! I used to smoke a lot of weed on a daily basis and to be honest I still have the occasional puff ( like every few months when I see my brother or something) My advice is, to take a break from it for a while. I couldnt find myself till I totally cleared my mind, You might end up starting a new hobby or going back to school, or doing something meaningful that will feel the void. Sometimes smoking too much just clouds everything and we forget who we really are. Good luck:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! I don’t know what I was thinking. My family would be SO devastated if they knew I was doing it. When I first quit drinking I was all about being sober! I started playing the ukulele and drawing and finding new music but I guess I just miss the chaos and adrenaline and feeling invincible. Make any sense?

I know, I miss that too sometimes, gotta remind myself that it’s really not worth it, something bad will end up happening. If adrenalines what you miss as well go for a run or something it’s all about replacing the feeling with good things

True that! Maybe I need skydiving lol

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

You’ve expressed what you need to do. Get after it!

Try something new and healthy to feed the need for adventure, perhaps something that doesn’t risk life amd limb. Try an open-mike comedy night, or a tango competition, or community theater or no check hockey…or if you are really brave, mentor a kid!

5 Likes

Thanks! Ya always funny I know the problem and usually know how to fix it. So I have no excuse at this point to not stay sober.

1 Like