Ashamed and sad

Fell off after 20 days. Not the n a huge way. I drink BUT one too many. :frowning:

Sorry to here that but onward you go take what u learnt and carry on regardless.what made you drink so your aware of it in the future

2 Likes

You’re back. Learn from what happened and move on.
Step up your plan, try something different.

2 Likes

I know the feeling. I fell off too. Still never made it a week yet sadly. So congrats you made it to 20. You can make it to 20 again and even more. Just never give up! You fail when you do. We can do it!! :slight_smile: don’t beat yourself up too much. It doesn’t help. Relapse is proven to be part of the recovery process.

6 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts yep I’ll try again see how far I get. Thanks again always good to hear not alone. Family are supportive but I just feel I’m letting them down; hence shame. Thanks again.

1 Like

It’s good to come on here and let it all out. Always glad to help. I wish you luck :purple_heart:

1 Like

@Kels,

you’re really off to a great start. It’s really great to see you here among us.

I do want you to challenge yourself to think a little differently.

I’ve been a chronic relaper for most of my life. And I can tell you that relapse has never helped my recovery. It’s always made me weaker.

It’s easier to keep the heart clean then to clean it after it’s been defiled.

Many of us would not agree that relapse is proven to be part of the recovery process. Instead, it’s believed that relapse is more part of the addiction process.

Again, you’re doing great. If a relapse occurs, we never give up. We uncover the learning opportunity and move forward. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

You came to the right place.
Don’t look backwards, just keep moving forward!

1 Like

The hardest part is the first 10 days, it’s not much fun going through that over and over. It’ll never be easier for you to quit than it is this time, next time you try it’ll be a little harder. Speaking from years of failing, 115 days clean now though and i sure as shit won’t drink today.

1 Like

Perhaps we need to brainstorm some new tactics and perspectives? I haven’t made it to a day yet, after deciding to try this app again. Today is a new day. What am I going to do differently to succeed?

1 Like

Thanks Nenarekd.
Alway good to hear others.

I’m consequence focusing- I feel better, wife’s smiling, I’m not as stressed or anxious rather than focusing on my habit and urge to drink. Day by day wishful - get one
Out the way.

1 Like

It’s just a different view on it is all! I was taught in college during my addictions course that relapse was known to be part of it! But of course that doesn’t mean it is right lol. Things change over time. Here is a link anyways that describes it better https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/recovery/relapse/relapse-not-a-failure/#gref

1 Like