Baby birdies thread ❤ And the cockatoo crew ❤

Oh and I LOVE crows! They are my favorite breed of bird. I love watching them up close. They are very intelligent! Ive watched many a documentary on them. Brilliant birds :heart: thats beautiful that Brody comes back every spring summer !

1 Like

I think the relationship with you that this baby bird has chosen to have is one of the most beautiful things I have seen. Thank you for sharing this, its so lovely to see such kindness and positivity amongst all the other negative things happening in this world. Honestly just beautiful! You have warmed my heart.

3 Likes

This morning we arrived a bit earlier than the regular 7am… Mum east just settling in with her coffee and about to curl up with her morning journalling but I was so excited to see her that I arrived at 6.30am this morning :joy: after a quick breakfast of wholemeal bread bits and pineapple bits, I’m having a self care grooming morning now on my bike perch while mum has her coffee and journals :joy:

12 Likes

This morning we leveled up in our baby birdie schooling :trophy: we now want to eat breakfast from mums hand. I didn’t incourage baby to jump onto my hand, it just walked onto it by itself and begun to eat from my hand. Its claws are surprisingly not sharp. I’d assumed they would be as sharp as cats claws. They are as light as a feather. There was no fear in its hold. It just stood on my hand with little grip but with full confidence. I walked around the room a bit and after the food was gone from my hand it still would not jump off. I put my hand near the perch and it pecked me coz it didn’t want to get off :joy: the pecks don’t hurt unless it grabs my fingers longer :joy: it also let me pat/stroke its back for a few seconds without snapping back at me trying to peck me… Its comfort with me is increasing every day :heart:

21 Likes

I love this so much thanks for starting this thread!

1 Like

I know. This is the best. It’s funny Baby is so sweet but has a mad face all the time.

1 Like

This morning we were determined to find out where the birdie in the mirror was hiding. It has discovered that there is a behind the mirror, so when it is playing with its reflection in the mirror , its now begun to poke its head around the mirror looking for this birdie in the mirror :joy: I unplugged the mirror light bulbs so its not dangerous for it being electronic. It fights the bulbs out of frustration :joy: I’m going today to buy it something’s to keep it ocuppied.

13 Likes

Your welcome Angela :heart:

You should write and illustrate (or photos) a children’s book about this uncommon bond!

2 Likes

Thats a great idea :heart:

You could always make one too if they are too pricey or just not what you’re looking for. People have made cat trees with actual cut down tree trunks and drilled platforms to sleep on or scratch so thinking the same but bird style! If I find the cat video or maybe a bird one I’ll share it!!

Also love this thread. It’s my top favorite for sure!! Talk with my girlfriend about your baby bird daily lol she enjoys when I show her your photos. :heart:

2 Likes

Love this :heart: so glad I can put a smile to peoples faces :pray::heart::tada:

3 Likes

Wow! I can’t believe Baby stayed on your hand. What a great bond you’re forming.

2 Likes

I was so surprised at how delicate it felt on my hand. I think I have memories of being a little kid at animal sanctuaries where there are dozens of them flying onto your hands hectically trying to eat the bird seed you have to buy from them and they land on your head squarking lol. Trauma memories maybe :joy:… But this was so calm and peaceful and friendly this morning. Its claws didn’t latch sharply, it just stood confidently… I find this so interesting because its not been out there with other humans interacting to gets in confidence up, but it has just become so comfortable in my company in such a short time.

3 Likes

I thought this was funny… On my walk this morning I came across this sign in the bathrooms at the beach… So ironic and coincidental timing with me now being a new mum to baby :joy: it made me have a giggle at the synchronisity

4 Likes

2pm second visit check in… Baby may assume this is a short stay hotel because every afternoon it goes to sleep standing up on one leg :joy: I should name it Mr miyagi coz it looks like a one legged karate kid :joy: it just went to sleep on the floor, I had walked by it closely and it didn’t move at all , it stayed sound asleep one legged :joy: I think it is very grateful for the peace and quite here and the solitude it has to be able to sleep peacefully :heart:

I think it might of gotten into a fight today outside coz a few of its feathers are missing on its back :cry:

14 Likes

I think you should call and ask if you can enroll even though your baby arrived early. :joy:

2 Likes

We are now sleeping in a new position on the floor. Sound asleep. Fully seated. I think itd very tired today. I can see its little body breathing in and out.

its doing new things everyday :heart:

13 Likes

893cff64b822b6105c9cccb6399bca243a8f54d9d13bc036f7a89c60553f38fc.0

1 Like

Baby Myagi.

2 Likes