Back again...#3

Very hungover…again…time to stop doing this to myself

12 Likes

Hey Cassie! Welcome back

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re back, you can stay with us.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I feel like such an idiot

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I feel dreadful, guilty and stupid doing this to myself

2 Likes

I can tell ur very remorseful. All we can do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and keep trying. Tmrw is a new day. Fo u have a plan for what u will do to stay sober?

3 Likes

I went 76 days sober a couple of years ago. I took one day at a time, l just needed to get past a certain time of the night without wine and l seemed to be able to handle no wine…l had non alcoholic wine to trick myself when l was making dinner which seemed to be my habit.

You’re not an idiot, it’s an idiot addiction :blush:

You’re here, you’re back, that counts!
Have you seen the daily check in thread yet? Feel free to join. It’s a very suportive thread and can help you with keeping yourself accountable and push you trough the first rough days.

Glad you are back Cassie! :raising_hand_woman:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. You’re very thoughtful to take the time to send this.

3 Likes

When I was here for the first time more then 6 years ago others did the same for me.
One day you are doing the same for other members. You being here reminds me of me own struggles back in the old days and why I cannot drink. It’s a win/win. In a way we help eachother Cassie :wink:
I hope you will have a good day today and keep us posted!

7 Likes

I’m also here with you, This is 2nd day with a hangover, itching, shame, guilt etc… But this time I will learn from the past. We will move together :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Try not to beat yourself up :mending_heart:
You’re human and you deserve grace and love from yourself.
You’ve got this :muscle:

6 Likes

Welcome back. :purple_heart: In that case, we are probably all idiots here, most, if not all of us took many many negative consequences before we realised enough was enough. I know I did.

4 Likes

Welcome back Cass. Recovery from addiction is a long process; you gotta unravel the knots that are keeping you stuck. It sounds like you have some habits that are still booze-centred.

Who do you talk to, to share your emotions and cravings, and to learn? Do you have phone numbers for some friends in a recovery group? That’s been helpful for me.

You are not alone.

1 Like