Back again but hopeful this time

This place helped me a lot in 2017. But somehow i relapsed after 7 months and things got worse. Today i am starting again. Determined.

23 Likes

You can do sobriety. You are in control. I have faith in you and I am praying for you and your success :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Welcome back. What kinds of things were you doing to enhance your sobriety.

2 Likes

Welcome back, Tinkerbell!

2 Likes

Hi @Tinkerbell
I remember you! You know me as Buts (if you still remember me :sunglasses:

Changed my name and profile picture :wink:
Glad you are hopeful, that’s a great start to work with.
See you around lady :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Oh wow, welcome back Tinkerbell! I remember you. :people_hugging: Glad you are back!

2 Likes

Thank you. This place and these support mean a lot. Because all of us know it is hard work but worth it

2 Likes

I was not sober for years. :pensive: Thinks get worse and worse. I guess the first thing is to accept that I have a problem with alcohol consuming. My mind keeps telling me look how people enjoy their drinks. And i keep reminding myself ok good for them but i cant enjoy i ruin everything when i drink. The first step is to accept the problem and the hardest part is to decide.

3 Likes

Thank you. I failed many times. But i am trying again.

2 Likes

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I love people here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can’t believe people remember me. Thats so supporting. Thank you.

2 Likes

To all the people here you make me feel I am not alone. Because in this journey having friends is literally everything. Talking about the same shits we have gone through that just reminds me again that we are all human and we have some problems of addiction. We are trying here. Thats a thing. We fail but we get up. The pandemic was very bad. I was constantly drinking. My grandma died because of covid. My 14 years long relationship ended. Actually he left me for another one. Ok thats his decision. He was also an alcoholic. Lucky to lose him. My other grandma died because of Alzheimer’s. And finally my dear dog died at the age of 17. I was drinking a lot. Having sex not remembering. Waking up with shame and regret. And by time the alcohol i consume increased. And I said STOP girl. Now I am here again. You make me feel safe my friends. Hope you stay safe, too.

6 Likes

I am sorry for your losses. The pandemic did a number on us all. :people_hugging: It sounds like you have been thru enough and it is time for some healthy and healing change in your life. Glad to see you here and checking in.

1 Like

Thank you. Trying to stay sober with mental issues is really hard. For a minute or maybe for five minutes my mind tells me “hey what are you doing? What is this sobriety thing? Go girl drink… That won’t ruin the world.” But I know it will ruin me again. I will hate myself again. I don’t want this thing in my life anymore.

2 Likes