Back to day 1 again guys haiz

I am kinda giving up on life… I just joined a new job. And I took 4 days of medical leave due to being drunk. I need some motivation here guys… Its day 1 for me today. I need to go to work tomorrow. My supervisor knows I was drunk. And I literally drunk texted my colleague whom was a woman. I kept pressuring her to meet and she said no… I feel like shit. I texted her sorry the next day… However she didn’t reply me at all. Feel so down currently

3 Likes

Hi RL, ive been where you have. Is there a bigger reason for this drinking and missing work ? Burnout, feeling overwhelmed ? I had to take some time off working for this reason because frankly meeting clients obviously intoxicated was humiliating and I was expiring burnout.

1 Like

Hey there, welcome. I know how youl be feeling ive been there too, i think honesty is the best policy here, admit to yourself and everyone that you have a problem, you need some help and get the help that you need, often times your met with compassion and if not you have us on this site to turn to, there are some diamonds on here

2 Likes

Congrats on getting sober Ron. For us all here that’s the most important condition for a better life. Now the real work begins. Staying sober is work. Recovery is a verb. Do you have a plan? If not, make one. One thing I know for absolutely sure is that we can’t do it alone. Doing it alone is what got us in this spot in the first place. So be sure to get help. Go find a meeting, hang with us, get professional help.
You can do this but you need to invest in this sober thing Ron. The past is the past. Today is today. Let’s do this! Wishing you all success.

1 Like

It’s going to be awkward, but you have to own it. Apologize in person the the colleague and then leave her alone. And if your boss knows, maybe explain you are in recovery, what steps you’re taking to ensure your recovery only affects your job in positive ways, and then drop it. Then kick some major butt at your new job! We’ve all done crappy things we regret. The important thing is making amends where needed and doing the work to make sure we don’t do it again. Congrats on day 1. I’m cheering you on for day 2.

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting get new sober friends wish you well

1 Like

Don’t give up, don’t beat yourself up!

2 Likes

Keep coming back pal… Learn from your weakest link that allowed you to drink and begin again with new knowledge against relapse. For me, a chronic relapsed, it’s my self will that causes me to fall. I give myself the green light everytime to use. I have to turn this over to God . I still think I can function and control my addiction , just because I still pay my bills and don’t cause any trouble . I’m on day one again too. Just stand up, dust off and learn what happened. Why the greenlight to relapse in the first place.

1 Like

Im on day 10 after a 4 day bender in which i really f-cked up ,thought id lost my son ,thought he would never speak to me again ,ive been fighting this for yr n a half since i joined aa probably had around 5 relapses, but im determined im going to eventually get it ,back at meetings, reading on here as much as possible books alcohol explained, easy way to control alcohol and just reminding myself that when that urge strikes which it always does ,stall it dont act on it ,im starting to say to myself rethink this in a hr maybe 2 see if it still seems like a good idea

5 Likes

One of the most powerful things we can do for our sobriety is to help another person. I commend you for sharing your strength!

3 Likes