Back to day one again again again

Made it 27 days! Fell off the wagon. Back on day one. I’ve talked to my sponsor.

Not giving up.

46 Likes

You have to figure out what keeps triggering you to take that first drink. I found that just being sober did not work for me. I had to be sober and happy! That’s where the 12 Steps came in. Honestly going through each step made the difference this time and I’m at 60 days today but this time I’m happy, truly happy. If you are not happy with you you will keep falling off the wagon and the wagon backing up over you!

14 Likes

I think it’s that I have still been fighting the fact that I’m a true alcoholic. That AA has to be my life. That I cant drink like other people.

Not giving up. I made a lot of progress. Found a sponsor. Dove into the book. I know more about sobriety now. I can do this!

10 Likes

Thats good man don’t give up, 27 days was a lot but if you can do that you can do it even more days. Dust yourself off and start again, good luck with everything.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Today is day 27 for me as well. The fact that you shared has reminded me how I might feel if I caved for any reason. I am sorry you are going through this yet know that by sharing your story you have helped others. Be well.

7 Likes

I would encourage you to talk to people about how they came to understand that they were an alcoholic and what that meant for them.

For this alcoholic, my life was built on and run on pure self-will. I could fix or solve all of my problems if i just fought and tried harder. Get back on the horse you SOB Goat! Dont let one bad drunk throw you off the horse. My alcoholism had to break me… to where I couldn’t get back up and fight. It was in that surrender…the cessation of fighting… that I was able to find the power to accept and deal with my alcoholism.

17 Likes

Yep I’m gonna keep coming back. I figured a few beers was gonna be a great social experience. Turned out to take me to the brink. I want what you have!

5 Likes

Good to hear never give up.:muscle::rainbow:

1 Like

You will have it again. I have slipped plenty in the past and don’t want to go there again. I totally get how we can think “just a little”. Never works out. Each time it has happened I have taken in just a little more knowledge. Each slip up had some type of purpose, I guess. Hard to see it at the time it happens yet looking at the big picture. If recovery was as easy as trying once or twice, there would not be forums like this. Right? :wink:

3 Likes

Firstly well done getting to 27 days, cannot wait to see you exceed that this time around. I did 18 days then relapsed but what i thought my triggers were didnt really happen on the day so i had to go over everything (pen and paper) and there was one thing that just kept floating about in my head, thus new trigger was discovered.
If you have an idea what set you off work on an action plan to tackle it next time it pops up.
Wishing you all the best :grin:

3 Likes

I wasnt telling people what I’m doing. I thought I would just do AA and fix it up real quick. I told everyone who would listen all morning that I’m in AA and not to let me drink around them. I’m building a better foundation this time. My friends have to say “that’s Luke, he just cant drink”

6 Likes

Same for me pal. Keep it up i bet you felt good waking up with no hangover. Its hard at the moment for everyone some more than others. I drink because i am alone ,well in my head i am and i know im not. My head is killing today after drinking 16 cans of lager last night. Had 27 lagers in the past 2 days. Need to sort myself out before i seriosuly do some damage .

9 Likes

I’m completely hungover today as well. I lost count of how many beers I had. Then I lost a few days. I’m a big fellow and I can just keep drinking. Not sure where I even fit the amount I can drink.

2 Likes

Its funny out of the people ive told (both family and friends), there are really 2 maybe that have my complete support and dont offer me a drink, one is my Doctor, 2nd my best friend whom lives 5hrs away, everyone else would give me a drink if i asked, they say they are proud but i look at them now and i can see they are battling their iwn demons, thats why i started going online to find people who have the same goals and its definately helping. Hope you are doing Ok :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks. Yeah. Like I said I have a sponsor and I’m trying to really integrate myself into AA. Hopefully next time I post on here some of this hangover has subsided. I’m struggling through every second.

1 Like

Hangovers are shit, just think handover is your last one ever!!!
Rest up, be kind to yourself and definately reach out to your sponser.

1 Like

This is so true , I have to find happiness

You can drink like other people, those other people are alcoholics lol.

I liked what @DowntroddenGoat said, seems like he got glazed over and not responded too, he’s one of those guys who has something I wanted when I was an active drunk.

Keep trying, you’ve been coming back for years and trying, it’s gonna stick at some point.

5 Likes

Yeah this forum has really helped me but now I think its time for me to help me.

Im going to talk to one of my sponsor brothers about possibly getting into a sober house this 2 weeks home.

If this isnt it for me its darn sure getting closer I can feel it. Letting everyone in my life who would listen today that im an alcoholic and in AA I think its gonna be a game changer for me.

5 Likes

12 Likes