Back to day one

Well, shit. Had to hit the reset button. A little over 2 months in and for some reason I felt the need to stop and pick up some beer yesterday. And of course I didn’t drink just one. Its all gone. Time to get refocused. Im not giving up.

9 Likes

It isn’t gone, that sober time still happened. And u got a reminder that the first drink is the most important. Good for getting right back on it!

4 Likes

What was it exactly that triggered you. That might be the chance to learn something from it. Usually the feeling was there well before I went buying wine.

I hope you come back on the waggon soon. :sunflower:

3 Likes

The time isn’t lost. Hopefully lessons learned. This time can be the time it really sticks!! I’m in your corner.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me last month, and again at the beginning of this month, but I didn’t give up. I’m at 18 days sober which is the longest I’ve ever been before and I’m even more confident about my recovery and so just know you’re not alone in this.

6 Likes

@EdMartin courage! One clear thing is that sobriety was real two months and that it’s great. We are not completely defeated

3 Likes

That is the one thing that is helping me stay straight. I learned last time I can’t have one. If I do I am off the wagon for sure. Glad your back in the fight. You got this.

3 Likes