Back to square one....had to reset my timer

Well I’m totally ashamed to say I threw away 13 months of sobriety, almost died, was in the hospital for a few days, and now am at Valley Hope Treatment center with my dog. I hate myself so much right now. I had 13 months & now I have 6 days…

21 Likes

Go easy on yourself. . .shit happens. What’s important now is how you bounce back. You have over a year of sober knowledge. Congratulations on your 6 days.

6 Likes

Hey girl glad your back. Don’t beat yourself up… it won’t do you any good. Your back and that’s all that really matters. Keep going you deserve it. :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

You have 6 days!!! That is a heck of a lot better than 0 days! As long as we learn from our experiences they were not all bad. You csn do it keep it up!!

6 Likes

Praying for you!

2 Likes

6 days is great! It’s really cool you get to have your dog in treatment with you :dog: keep moving and I’m so happy you’re still here!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this. I remember you were having a rough time.
Take as much as you can from this experience.
Try to keep a positive.mindset.

4 Likes

Oh darling, I’m sorry to hear this… But you know you are strong and you know your reset just makes you even stronger this time around… And you are alive. This is a good thing :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Glad to see you and glad you’re back on track. You’re here, you’re alive. you’re 6 days sober. That really is something. Onward and upward friend. Let’s work this shit (I know you are).

2 Likes

Do not hate yourself. You STILL have the 13 months. You are courageous AF for coming here and admitting you made a mistake. Learn from it and use it as a stepping stone to better yourself and grow. Sometimes people slip up and fuck up. Don’t let it define you! I believe you CAN do this and I’m glad you’re alive and okay! Stay positive, I wish you renewed determination to keep on your journey and continued strength and success.

4 Likes

Hugs! U shouldn’t feel ashamed, it certainly won’t help u. I’m sure u learnt plenty and can use that to get 13 months and more again. Everything is just part of ur individual journey.

1 Like

Oh man :slightly_frowning_face:
I’m so sorry to hear this. That really sucks. I’m glad your back and getting help. I know you have to reset and beat yourself up a bit. But you did over a year. All you learned in that year did not go to waste. Obviously you can do this. And you know what? You can do it again. Some of us. Hell, most of us, probably have to learn the hard way.

*There is no road *
for us to follow
*There is no right *
or wrong way to go
*Each one of us *
*Has our own tomorrow *
*We get lost to find *
*our way home *
*Like a child …like a child… I’m always learning. *

Maybe bad things
*Are really a blessing *
*Maybe sad things *
Grow up to be joy
*Maybe hurting *
Teaches me to be loving
*Maybe lessons *
*Are the only way I know *

Like a child …like a child… I’m always learning.
John McAndrew
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I’m glad you are still alive, I’m glad you are in a treatment center and glad you are sober.
A relapse sucks. But you are in a good spot to work hard and be back on solid ground.
And you are here, that counts!
The rest is history and can’t be changed.
So change the future! :facepunch:

3 Likes

You managed 13 months sober? You’re a flipping legend!
That time is not lost. You achieved something amazing and that can never be taken away from you now. You should draw strength from that to help you continue on your journey. You just took a wrong turn is all. I do that a lot! :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:

6 Likes

I second what @Frandango wrote. That time is not lost! Don’t hate yourself. You’ve proven you can do it before so you know you can do it again.

Glad you’re okay and glad you’re back :+1:

4 Likes

I’m glad you’re back with us! Don’t beat yourself up too much, it happens. Now you’re back at it and we got you covered :+1: sending strength and hugs your way, be kind to yourself friend :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Ouch. I am glad you are okay and in a safe place. :heart: It sounds like you are in a good place to get back to healing your self. Glad you checked in there and here. :heart:

2 Likes

Also, any chance of a picture of your lovely dog? I’m afraid we are all a bit animal mad here (especially me) and I’d love to see a picture of your friend. Only when/if you’re feeling up to it, of course :hugs: x

2 Likes

You had 13 months. This means you can do 13 months. You are now 6 days into your next 13 months, which you know you can do, because you did it before. You can crush the next 30, 60, 90. You can hurdle months 6 and 9…because you did it before.

And when thirteen months approaches again, you can break this theoretical barrier, and do what you’ve never done before…be sober forever. How do I know? Because if we can get through one day without drinking, we can be sober forever. Forever is just a bunch of single days strung together.

Peace.

7 Likes