Bad urge to drink please help

I’m stuck in with boredom and getting bad cravings ,my mind is telling me to go get some vodka ,just thinking of ordering a pizza to maybe take my mind off it

2 Likes

Do whatever you think will help you get past the craving. It’s not worth it to give in. Pizza, get outside if possible, reset with a shower. Whatever. But stay strong. With each passing crave, we get stronger. The craving will pass and embrace the boredom. Boredom means you are safe and there is no drama or chaos around you right now. Vodka brings chaos.

12 Likes

Just got myself some Ben&jerry ice-cream. For me I think the logical equation could be something like : if pizza (P ) equal not drinking (ND), and ND equal saving my mental health and life (SL), it means that P=SL, which literally mean that having a pizza will save my life.

Love pizza. Pizza good. Sober pizza is better pizza.

I wander if Domino’s would be interested in my logical calculation…

8 Likes

Ya just got myself a large pizza and got a good film so thats taken my mind off it

11 Likes

Love that logic :joy:it’s how I thought mine out too I think pizza solves alot and it’s my go to food if I’m feeling crappy :joy:

2 Likes

I can recommend about a dozen really great series on Netflix and Amazon Prime that have kept me focused on something besides my boredom. Enjoy your pizza and movie. :blush:

2 Likes

Ya started to watch the Ozark it’s seems very good so far :blush:thank you

1 Like

Pizza!! Yes!!!

Also, can you get outside for a walk or are you still quarantined inside? A fresh air walk in nature often soothes me.

What kind of pizza?

2 Likes

Ya I brought my dog for a walk then ordered my pizza :blush:it calmed me alot, I always get chicken tikka ,jalepenos and pepperoni on mine

4 Likes

tenor (26)

2 Likes

this is mine ,I got fresh basil instead of the pepperoni

14 Likes

Spicy pizza is the devil’s work :rofl: and what’s this about vodka. Don’t you be letting yourself down after yesterdays relentless positivity!

1 Like

I am having the same issue: I had a bad day had to go out for the second day on a trot for meds that weren’t there then I argued with the receptionist etc I managed to get them in the end I have to take them every day.
The whole time I was thinking just pick up a bottle of vodka no me will know take the edge off etc thankfully I didn’t I just stomped my way back home instead but the nagging feeling is still there I’m 23 days sober today I still didn’t drink but damn the urge was there x

4 Likes

The basil does look incredible though, so fresh

Wowza, that’s quite a combo!!!

1 Like

Ya my urges have got much better the last few weeks but I get the odd night like this one that I want a drink bad but I’m trying to convince myself not to

3 Likes

That’s so close to 30 don’t do it. If you can order a pizza, Darren’s pizza looks so appealing! And congrats on 23 days :grin:

2 Likes

Lavender is awesome, I have a pillow spray which helps relax me at bedtime. And you’re doing great, you clearly do have some self control. Keep busy and stay safe x

3 Likes

Lavender is fabulous, I agree!!

9 Likes

I just started Ozark too too! :slightly_smiling_face: On the 2nd season now.

Keep on keeping on. I’m struggling with strong urges too. Hang in there.

3 Likes