Balance 2020

Hi there, I feel a little bit stressed. Our government gets fear due to the death numbers going up and up, even to this Lockdown light. So each land starts to do its own thing leading to only confusion what we can do, still, not do.

Still, I will have some thoughts of all the positive things or things I learned in 2020.

What about your balance 2020?

6 Likes

The biggest positive for me this year has without a doubt been my sobriety, it made everything bearable and took away a lot of my anxiety.

12 Likes

Positive balance: I appreciate every day of living more

7 Likes

My balance

• One task at a time (small steps = big progress)
  • 60 minutes’ daily activity (running, walking, stretching)
  • Relationships w spouse and family (counselling, communication work = better relationships)
  • Community & friendship activity (hosting [virtual] events mostly)
7 Likes

Balance 2020:

• (Re)connecting with my husband
  • Dry time turned to sober time turned to focus on recovery work
  • Finding laughter again
  • Feeling, accepting and appreciating a more full range of emotions (work in progress)
  • Commitment to engaging in TS everyday and making friends that help me feel less alone
  • Stretching myself in uncomfortable ways that help me get better!
9 Likes

My balance, if it were not for the pandemic, I would have never found Ms. Thirdmonkey.

7 Likes

Balance

• I’m slowly learning who I am without drugs
  • I’ve dealt with my health, which was always put off to another day.
  • Ive learnt the art of accepting that im not always okay.
  • I found here, a safe place.
  • I went to rehab something I couldn’t of done if I wasn’t working from home.
  • I found self love, loving myself has restored a lot of positives vibes back into myself.
11 Likes

Amazing good stuff thanks to all less than a day sober for me.

2 Likes

I’ve been attending more Zoom religious services than before Covid restrictions.
Another balance this year is that I have been keeping busy with old and new hobbies.
Also, I’m grateful/thankful that I’m retired and don’t need to be responsible for on-line teaching. I do feel very badly for the kids, parents, and educational institutions.

4 Likes

It’s been amazing following your progress on here Danni. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

For me 2020 has been a year of ALOT of self discovery. I was sooo lost for so long. It’s been great to learn who I am again. And my sobriety during 2020 has saved my life. I was a deep worrier when I was drinking the stress and anxiety would of finished me off with the covid pandemic like it is. Still finding new bits of me but 2020 has been a year of great self growth :pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes